Thule Doubletrack Vs Thule T2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Thule Doubletrack Vs Thule T2

Hi guys, I went out to REI yesterday and purchased a Thule Doubletrack 990XT for $300, it seemed like it would do the trick for carrying my full suspension bike around with the occasional riding buddy. Now that I've installed it I can see what the fuss about the T2 is all about.

I'm wondering if anyones had experiance with both the T2 and the Doubletrack. Is the T2 substantially more stable? is it much easier to mount/dismount compared to the doubletrack? I find it kind of cumbersome to have to swing up the center mast while you have the bike in place, and leaning the bike around the hooks is a bit tricky. How many lock cylinders does the T2 come with?

I'm hoping for some insight as I might return the doubletrack and pick up a T2. I'm just wondering if the T2 is REALLY worth $150 more of my hard earned dollars.

Thanks!

code: mtbr2011
    T2 comes with locks to lock either the cable lock, or the ratchet arm. your pick. Yes...it's more stable and more substantial and worth another $150 IMO

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cracksandracks.com View Post
    T2 comes with locks to lock either the cable lock, or the ratchet arm. your pick. Yes...it's more stable and more substantial and worth another $150 IMO
    Thanks for the reply. Has Thule addressed the "slide off" issue people where seeing back in 2010/2011? Or was that deemed to be user error? I think I may return the doubletrack, its a nice rack but loading/unloading is a bit annoying.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cracksandracks.com View Post
    I have to agree with this ^. It's definitely a bit more expensive, but it's a rack that is more solid and will be a better investment IMO. If you have nice bikes and use a rack a lot, you'll appreciate the upgrade for yourself and your equipment.

code: mtbr2011
    If you are referring to a faulty ratchet arm, yes that has been resolved (isolated cases). If you're referring to the security breach of a ratchet arm that doesn't truly lock the bike to the rack, yes...the cable lock solves that.

Vincit qui patitur
    I love my T2. The slide off issues were addressed with a self tapping screw at the end.
    I have the T2 with add-on.
    Vincit qui patitur
    2014 KONA Process 153
    2016 KONA Operator
    2017 Salsa Powderkeg
    2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy 29 C R