Thule Big Mouth- Mtbr.com

Thread: Thule Big Mouth

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Thule Big Mouth

Just bought a new Spesh '09 Enduro Comp....and now realize that my Thule rack system, which i just got only a year ago, is now obsolete since i can't do fork mounted anymore (the Specialized has the through axle wheel system).

So i've got to get something new - something upright. I was looking at the Thule Big Mouth. Anyone have experience and like it? dislike it?

thanks

LA CHÈVRE
    I have two Big Mouths, bought them used three and a half years ago. They do their job, don't damage the bikes and hold them well enough so I guess I could recommend them. I always lock them though, just so they cannot open while on the road from bumps and vibration. It can happen, especially when they get older and that every pivot gets looser.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by starry
    Just bought a new Spesh '09 Enduro Comp....and now realize that my Thule rack system, which i just got only a year ago, is now obsolete since i can't do fork mounted anymore (the Specialized has the through axle wheel system).

So i've got to get something new - something upright. I was looking at the Thule Big Mouth. Anyone have experience and like it? dislike it?

thanks
    Your Thule rack is not obsolete. Hurricane Components makes a device called the Fork Up, that will adapt Specialized 25mm through axle, or any other "non-standard" fork into your fork mounted rack. www.hurricanecomponents.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    wow, the rack shop where i got my Thule didn't mention that....interesting - thanks....

Members who have read this thread: 0