Thule 2135 Fit Kit for Mazda 3- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Upset Thule 2135 Fit Kit for Mazda 3

I have been wrestling with installing a Thule 400 Aero with 2135 fit kit on my 06 Mazda 5-door hatch for about 4 weeks now. I did purchase it from craigslist but everything seemed in great condition, all that was missing was the actual hardware that came with the kit. I ordered it from thule and 3 weeks later it finally came. Well the front goes on great but the rear no matter how many ways I try to tighten it down, one side or the other wants to pull away and off the car. I have checked my measurements a dozen times, what could I be doing wrong? I contacted thule and they said everything should work fine. Ill try to get a picture up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    It might be worth checking to confirm that the orientation of the feet/towers is exactly lined up on either end of each bar. Set the assembled bar and towers/feet on a work bench or the floor. Both feet should sit flat, and line up straight with the one on the other end.

I've had this cause the same problem you describe. Frustrating! It's hard to spot a subtle difference in foot angle looking across your roof, but if it's a problem, it should be pretty obvious once you eyeball it on a table.

Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0