Thru axl adapter for regular fork mount carrier?- Mtbr.com
    Rollin' a fatty Moderator

Thru axl adapter for regular fork mount carrier?

Does such thing exists?

Have regular fork mount trays on both cars and now have 2 bikes with thru axl forks to carry around.

No Knuckle Crew
    Jan 2007
    Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.rockymounts.com/flytrapadapter

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL
    Does such thing exists?

Have regular fork mount trays on both cars and now have 2 bikes with thru axl forks to carry around.
    This is the only style of adapter that I have found http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...uctId=48212124

Looks like Yakima must have bought the patent from the original manufacturer, whose name escapes me.

Funny that you asked about this, I was just getting ready to make a 20mm mount that attaches directly to my Yak bars, and does away with the adapter. I don't like having an extra hinge point in the mount, although I have never had a problem with mine when I have used it.

edit: The original was Fork Up by Hurricane Components: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...s+Fork+Up.aspx
    Last edited by crashtestdummy; 08-07-2007 at 07:05 AM.

Thanks for the info, inquired with Hurricane about the axl size, I'll have to carry a bike with a Marz Jr. T ana another with a Mani Stance and don't know the axl size.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yakima did not buy the patent from Hurricane, they are just private labeling a couple different types of the Fork Up models.
    You can find what you need at www.hurricanecomponents.com
    There are Fork Up models to fit 20mm x110 mm (most common), 25mm x 110mm (Specialized), 24mm x 110mm (Maverick), Cannondale Lefty, 10mm x 135mm (Surly Pugsly), Marzocchi QR20 (soon to be discontined) and a 9mm x 100 mm (to use with racks that disc brake calipers come in contact with tray or any other clearance issue)

While some people may scoff at having to take the 60 seconds to remove their front wheel to use a Fork Up, there is still no more secure way to carry a thru-axle fork equipped bike.
    We believe everyone who has a thru-axle fork, should own a Fork Up, for the reason that your bike will fit into anyone's rack, that way, if your riding buddies dont own a rack that will accomadate your bike,ie:upright type carrier, your bike will fit onto their rack. It just helps you so you dont have to drive all the time, and at the current price of gas, the cost of one tank- full would would buy you a Fork Up.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff

While some people may scoff at having to take the 60 seconds to remove their front wheel to use a Fork Up, there is still no more secure way to carry a thru-axle fork equipped bike.
    We believe everyone who has a thru-axle fork, should own a Fork Up, for the reason that your bike will fit into anyone's rack, that way, if your riding buddies dont own a rack that will accomadate your bike,ie:upright type carrier, your bike will fit onto their rack. It just helps you so you dont have to drive all the time, and at the current price of gas, the cost of one tank- full would would buy you a Fork Up.
    I agree with owning a Fork Up. I don't use mine often, but it allows me to throw my bike on the rack of other drivers. I have saved way more than a few tanks of gas with it.

Getting the ones I need thru my lbs.

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0