For those with Q towers.... question about changing clips- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

For those with Q towers.... question about changing clips

So I recently bought a used set of Q towers with clips already installed. Just got my right clips in the mail today, and am starting to get really frustrated with getting the old clips off.

The problem is, the little brass retainer will NOT come off. I've tried everything, jamming little allen wrenches in the small holes and pushing in opposite directions to try and get it open wide enough so I can slip it off and remove the clip. Pliers, nothing is working. How in the world do you get those little brass retainers off so I can get the clips off?

Blurry picture, but you get the idea. Its the brass ring with two holes that is around the clover shaped deal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    forgot the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Well, got it all figured out. So this thread can be deleted. I'll write my story here so you can all laugh at me. I managed to get that little brass piece off, by snapping part of it and bending it enough so I could get it off. Dropped out the middle of the lock holder, then still couldnt get the clip off. Looked on the other side of the lock holder, and saw the little U-shaped brass clip i was supposed to take off to remove the lock holder and get the clip off.

So, after many minutes of frustration, I got the brass ring back on. But I forgot to put the piece back on that actually does the locking... cue me screaming. So I snapped the ring off again, and FINALLY got it all back together correctly, though its way worse then before because I'm missing 20% of that little ring, and its all loose and chewed up.

Take home lesson... ALWAYS read the instructions first!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yeah when i saw your arrow i knew you were doing something wrong Glad you got it back together.

Members who have read this thread: 0