T2 security- Mtbr.com

Thread: T2 security

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

T2 security

I know that some people may have posted this, but I cant find it.

I recently bought a T2 bike rack and was wondering what safety precautions you take for the bike on the rack. Some have told me to put a cable around the bike and rack. I have a hitch lock installed?

Need anything else for safety. I mean for cruising around town or leaving the bike on the rack a couple minutes while I go into the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

Pivoteer
    I just bought a T2 rack as well. Love it. I live in Phoenix where a bike could be gone in a second. I will NOT be using the locks on the wheel holder. Way to easy to work around. I went to Home Depot, bought 6 feet of heavy duty chain and lock, bought a Kenda DH tube. I cut the valve stem out of the tube and ran the chain through it. It is much cheaper than the Kryptonite chains, and you can make it any length you want. Cables just seem too easy to cut.

My bike will not be left more than a few minutes unattended, at least a HD chain will take some time to cut and give me a sense of security.

I run the chain through the wheels and frame, and lock it to the hitch on the car. I have the locking pin from Thule, but this just adds one more level of security.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

rbtm member
    Jan 2004
    Hey, that's a good idea. Is the tube tight and/or stiff enough so that it doesn't slide around on the chain? Any pictures?
    "The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."

Members who have read this thread: 0