Swagman XC-2 rack?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Swagman XC-2 rack?

I'm in the market for a 1 1/4" hitch rack and came across this on ebay. It looks exactly the same as the Swagman and costs half as much. I wonder if it's the exact same rack but just re-branded? Have anyone ever had any experience this this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-BIK...spagenameZWDVW

Gnar
    It looks a lot like the Xport I got at Performance, but there are differences. The Xport has features I saw on other racks that retailed for $200. While I am happy with the Xport rack, I wouldn’t want anything cheaper.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Hey that's not a bad price for the Xport rack. How's yours holding up? Any problems with stability on the highway?

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    I was looking at the Swagman and Xport racks last week. I also came across the rack that you linked to eBay. I then asked myself," Do I want to put my $4500 bike on a $60 rack going down the freeway at 75 mph?" I purchased the Swagman for $110 total, shipping included.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I'm using the Xport pictured above on my Miata. No complaints so far.

Gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamic213
    Hey that's not a bad price for the Xport rack. How's yours holding up? Any problems with stability on the highway?
    It's working good, no complaints. And I should have said it looks like other racks that are sold using different brand names that retail for $200. I got it at performance for $129.

mtbr member
    The racks are made by Sportrack (www.sportrack) which was puchased by Thule last year. I have the same rack on my 01 Forester and my brother has one on his 98 Pathfinder. No problems with hauling bikes.

mtbr member
    Just ordered a Xport from Performance. Right now they're running a 10% with coupon code: 0041600000001404 on most of the items. I saved $14 on the rack.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    Do these racks move around and sway?

That is my favorite thing about the T2 - the way it is solid in the hitch thanks to the threaded bolt in the receiver portion of the rack.

Does the sportracks/swagman have the same or similar feature?

The down side of the T2 is that you can not carry bikes with fenders very well since the rack locks around the wheels.

For $129, it may be worth having that rack around if it does not sway and bounce and what not.

LP

Gnar
    My Xport rack does sway a tiny bit, but not enough that I worry about it. It came with a threaded bolt, but I bought the Thule snug tite lock to use with mine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    My rack snugs down tight with the OEM threaded bolt. I put a small padlock thru the presto pin hole to lock it.

mtbr member

Got the rack

Just received the rack from Performance two days ago and I'm loving it! Build quality is nice and solid. Minimum wag at local and highway speed, but I'm not concerned as this rack is more solid that it looks and costs. Plus it folds up nice and neat to minimize drag and rear clutter.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Are t hose hoops for the wheels adjustable to different wheelbase bikes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowride
    Are t hose hoops for the wheels adjustable to different wheelbase bikes?
    Yes all four hoops are independently adjustable.

mtbr member
    I also have the Performance X-Sport rack and am very happy with it.

BTW nice A4.......My wife and I regret selling ours that was the best car......Hey I still have a California Car Cover "Noah" sitting in my garage. Would you be interested in it?
    07SCBLTX9AM

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Great, thanks! I just ordered the Performance version.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple b
    I also have the Performance X-Sport rack and am very happy with it.

BTW nice A4.......My wife and I regret selling ours that was the best car......Hey I still have a California Car Cover "Noah" sitting in my garage. Would you be interested in it?
    Thanks, I love Audi's despite of the fact that they can be an electrical nightmare at times. This is actually the second A4 I own now. Probably won't get rid of her until Audi start releasing the turbo diesel version in the near future.

Thank you for the offer on the cover, but I'll probably never get to use it.

Members who have read this thread: 0