• 04-07-2010
    kjsayers
    Swagman XC 2 and a Honda Civic
    Does anyone know if you can open the trunk on a 2006 Civic with a Swagman XC 2 attached (bikes not mounted)?
  • 04-07-2010
    kjsayers
    Pulled the trigger. I haven't read anything that said it would so...
  • 04-07-2010
    ataylor
    I have an XTC2, but I have a van. Since the bike doesnt hit the back of my van I would think the trunk would be fine. hardest part would be putting the key in if you need to.
  • 04-08-2010
    kjsayers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ataylor
    I have an XTC2, but I have a van. Since the bike doesnt hit the back of my van I would think the trunk would be fine. hardest part would be putting the key in if you need to.

How do you like it? Any cons?
  • 04-08-2010
    Bryank930
    I have a XTC on my Saturn Ion. If I have two bikes on the rack, I have to pull back (away from the car) on the handlebar of the inside mounted bike in order to open my trunk. Only 2-3 inches though.

Oh, I recommend getting the swagman locking pin. It threads in like the pin that comes with the rack, but has a lock on the end instead of the clip. LINK I found mine on ebay for $19.50 shipped.
  • 04-08-2010
    ataylor
    I like it alot. Does just what I need. I wanted the the XTC 4 but only carry 2-3 bikes most of the time and you cant remove any racks.
    As the the XTC2 Pros are:
    better wheel holders than the XC model
    the ratcheting hooks, big plus there
    light and very easy to install and store, I would think it would fit in your trunk.
    Price way offsets the little things it doesnt do
    easy to add extra security
    Cons would be:
    could be stronger, though it seems plenty strong enough.
    sometimes I have to push sideways on the hooks to release them, I have sloped tube bikes and think they just may be related to me pushing them too tight to begin with.
    Has a slight rocking to it when driving. It seems almost designed that way. Once you understand it, its no biggie.
  • 04-08-2010
    donny939
    i have an 07 civic and the swagman and i can open the trunk with both bikes on