swagman question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

swagman question

Im looking at 2inch hitchmount swagman racks. I can't decide between the type with the platform that the tires rest in loops or the clamp type that clamps around the bike frame.

With the clamp xp type what keeps the bikes from swinging into each other? Which type do you guys recommend? We have 2 Raleigh bikes abouth 38 lbs each-- one with girl's frame

mtbr member
    check out my little review, hope this helps...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=183686

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

thanks

Thanks for Info. Has anyone used the XP rack with the frame clamps?

mtbr member
    a buddie of mine has an xp and he loves it, super cheap and penlty strong. David8613 great review on the xc I have been toying with the idea of getting one but didn't know because I thought from most of the pics of it on the net that it looked pretty cheap. but I think I will go get one now. One question it looks like the pedal comes pretty close to hitting the car when the bike is in the rack closest to the car. is this true or was it just the angle of the pic?

mtbr member
    thanks, the angle of the pic makes it look closer than it is. i am careful when i place my bike in the tray, as long as i make sure that pedal is at the 12:00 position it won't touch. i used my rack 3 times since i brought it and have no issues with that. to be on the safe side though you could bungy that pedal if you wanted to.
    Last edited by david8613; 04-19-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0