Subaru STI and roof rack question- Mtbr.com
    used to be uno-speedo....

Subaru STI and roof rack question

Does anybody own an STi with the Subaru stock roof rack? I'm wondering if its any quieter than the Yakima. I used to own a WRX with the Yakima and whilst it was fine anything over 75mph and things got a little noisy. Probably the same situation but just curious for others opinions before I dish out the cash.

mtbr member
    Unless you're talking about the flexy aero bars (which suck, btw), the Subaru roof rack is Yakima equipment with a 'Subaru' sticker in place of the Yakima sticker. I have the set up on my WRX wagon. Did you ever try a fairing with your rack? I had the 'wind jammers' at first, which look like little wings and generally suck. The full fairing is nice and quiet.

I don't think Subaru sells the q-clips that you would need for the sedan either, btw.
    :wq

Interesting about the Subaru being relabeled as the Yakima. I had the full fairing on my old Yakima and it made a big difference than without one.

Now to find a good price on one!

mtbr member
    If you're looking for the fairing, www.racknroad.com has pretty kick ass prices on them. That's where I got mine

Great link!

Do you have any preference over Thule versus Yakima?

mtbr member
    I've never used Thule so I've got nothing to compare to the Yakima stuff, but I've always been really happy with Yakima.

Stray Bullet
    Get a hitch rack!

I have a WRX wagon and just installed a Sportworks hitch rack. Ditched the noisy Yakima top rack set-up. Putting a rook rack on a car that doesn't have rails of some sort from the factory would make me nervous.

Members who have read this thread: 0