Subaru roof rack- Mtbr.com
    \m/(^_^)\m/

Subaru roof rack

It looks like I'll be getting a 2000 Subaru Outback Sport, but unfortunately, there's not a lot of space in the hatch to squeeze my bike in, and folding down the back seat isn't an option (occupied by my spawn).

What's a good roof rack to get? I have a Thule 501 Insta-gater for my S-10 and I love it, but I was looking at the Yakima Raptor. I want something to use without removing the front wheel.

Thanks ya'll.
    2009 Cannondale F9

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Yakima for sure

I have Yakima roof racks on both of my Outback wagons. I bought a bag of keyed lock cores so both cars and all accessories lock with one key (ski racks and bikes). I can't speak for other brands of roof racks, but my older Yakima cross bars are 20 years old and still fit any new parts Yakima invents. I also have a hitch mount Yakima on my newer Outback for long hauling and saving gas, those roof racks with bikes on top eat the gas at 70 or 80 mph.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dazada
    It looks like I'll be getting a 2000 Subaru Outback Sport, but unfortunately, there's not a lot of space in the hatch to squeeze my bike in, and folding down the back seat isn't an option (occupied by my spawn).

What's a good roof rack to get? I have a Thule 501 Insta-gater for my S-10 and I love it, but I was looking at the Yakima Raptor. I want something to use without removing the front wheel.

Thanks ya'll.
    I got the top of the line Yakima High Roller.

A lot of people don't like the raptor, the ones that grab by the tube for fear of crushing the tube, scratching the paint etc.

There's the King Cobra which grabs by the wheels. Some people don't like the adjusting knob location. And add the fact you need additional hardware to mount onto factory crossbars.

Then the High Roller, see above for factory crossbars.

Members who have read this thread: 0