storing hitch mount racks- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

storing hitch mount racks

Just got the T2 by Thule. 1.25" Just wondering what kind of storage is available for the garage. Or any other ideas would be good for the brain.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    the t2's size amd its inability to be stored in a limited space is why i got a different rack. i just keep my rack on my car now.

Single Speed Junkie
    throw it in a corner.

T2 was never really designed well for storage.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I just picked up the same rack and had the same storage issue. So, I picked up two hooks by Tornado (similar to the kind you use to hang your bike upside down) and mounted them to vertical 2*4's in my garage. I put a padded pipe through the "box" that is formed by the four-bar linkage on the rack. I then lower the pipe onto the hooks. Out of the way and not an issue any longer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

could I see a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevem9
    I just picked up the same rack and had the same storage issue. So, I picked up two hooks by Tornado (similar to the kind you use to hang your bike upside down) and mounted them to vertical 2*4's in my garage. I put a padded pipe through the "box" that is formed by the four-bar linkage on the rack. I then lower the pipe onto the hooks. Out of the way and not an issue any longer.
    Can't quite visualize that in my mind. Could I get a picture of that contraption??? Thanks

mtbr member
    I just put it in the corner. I have plenty of room in my garage.

mtbr member
    I hang mine with some hooks screwed into the wall, the hooks can hold 50lbs each, and are shaped like the standard bike hangers, but square instead of round, and about 6 inches long.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I store mine in the same way as the other postergot two large hooks and hand it from the wall. Found the studs and open wall space in the garage and drilled and screwed the hooks in and I hang it from there. Works great, makes use of unused space and keeps the T2 out of the way.

mtbr member
    I hang my roof and hitch racks from the wall just like the ones above.

Members who have read this thread: 0