Solution for a Jaguar?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Solution for a Jaguar?

I'm thinking any rack is going to look ridiculous on a Jaguar X-Type. Can anyone prove me wrong or should I just buy a beater pick-up to haul my bike around? I could use a truck to haul stuff anyways, but I kind of wanted to wait until next year.

I guess I could try a removeable rack as well, but most seem flimsy and don't separate the bike from the car well enough to keep them from damaging eachother.

Thanks!!

STINKY TOFU
    As long as whatever rack you choose dosnt damage your car then go for it. Screw what other people think.
    "I'd pee on that"
    -R. Kelly-

Weekend Warrior
    I didn't know that there actually were roofracks for the Jag. I used to own a 99 Van Den Plas and i loved how low the car was and a hughe size roof, but anything other than a sunroof would look like crap on there. There are just a few cars that this would look rediculous.

Buy a Taurus Stationwagon. I got one and the interiour room is just amazing, plus the foofrack can fit another 2 bikes on there. When my family goes out we got 2 bikes backpack, 1 20" kids bike in the trunk and a baby trailer on the roof, plus cooler with 6-packs of b... soda, water, snacks, sandwiches, etc. etc. You can probably pick a 98 on up on eBay for less than $3000, plus they seem to run forever....

Stray Bullet
    Shaguar

livin' the dream......
    There is a guy in my neighborhood with a 2006 E-Something benz, with the full on yakima set up, and three steelhead trays on the roof. Do what you need to do. Don't worry about the others. You will get props from your riding brethren!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have an X-Type also, and I am looking for a roof rack setup. Right now I am using a Saris Bones 3 trunk rack, but I would like to switch. I know that no one makes load bars for the X-Type except Jaguar, but you can get them on E Bay for $165. I do not want the Jaguar bike carrier though. Does anyone know if a Yakima or Thule carrier would fit on the Jag load bars?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I would also go for a Saris if it would fit on the Jag Load Bars. They have quality stuff. BTW, Here is the Bones on the car:

mtbr member
    I just saw the Saris suggestion- read the reviews before you go for that option. Personally, I don't think a roof rack looks great on a Jag, but it's your car. Can you put a hitch on it and go with a receiver mount? You don't have to lift the bikes as high, don't have to worry about scratching the roof if something gets away from you loading/unloading, and can take it off when not hauling the bikes.

Now if only I could find a rack for my Rolls easy enough for a chauffeur to operate.
    To the troll mobile, away...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Just get a pick-em-up truck and git'r dun!

Members who have read this thread: 0