Slickroc 4 or 954- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Slickroc 4 or 954

I am in the market for a hitch rack for my Cherokee, and was originally going to go for a Thule T2 or possibly a North Shore Rack, but the price and size (T2) to carry 4 bikes has led me to reconsider. I've decided to go the traditional route and go for either the Yakima Slickroc 4 or the Thule Ridgeline (954). I understand they are very similar, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, either good or bad. I'm looking to carry xc, dual suspension (Kona Stinky) , and hardtail freeride bikes.

Thanks.
    Last edited by sevn; 07-16-2007 at 06:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Why not the North Shore Rack?!?! Far and away superior to both the Thule and Yakima and likely at a lower price. Read my thread a few below on the North Shore Rack.....best I have ever used.

Cheers

Buzz

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'd prefer the North Shore rack, but I can get the Thule/Yakima's for around $325 online, versus $500 for the North Shore rack locally. I just can't justify spending over $550 on a rack at the moment.

mtbr member
    You are buying it online from the States? Does that $325 include shipping, brokerage fees etc.? Yeah that might be cheaper, but those are inferior products in my opinion. If you are local you can go and pick up the North Shore Rack, and Malcolm and Alison even installed mine for me! If you EVER have a warranty issue, they are just a few minutes away and you are supporting the local economy! Good luck with whatever you choose...

Buzz

Members who have read this thread: 0