Sarris Bones question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Sarris Bones question

Hello,

I had a question regarding this Sarris Bones rack I bought used from a friend. I've been messing around with how the arms go and I'm not quite sure I've got it where it needs to be. Does this look right?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sarris Bones question-carrack.jpg  

I'd rather be on my bike
    I would move the lower arms up onto the license plate. That rear bumper is going to get scratched to hell riding like that. It happened to our Nissan. We also had rub spots from the coated latches on the trunk.

mtbr member
    I'd move the top arm up a little bit on the trunk as well. It always helps to have the rack closer to the car. It will be a little more stable and shorten the length of straps that you need to use. As for the extra strap that you have wrapped around the rack, grab all 3 extras on each side, wrap them around your hand a time or two, then push that inside the aluminum tube. That way you don't have to tie anything or worry about them getting tangled up or tied.

mtbr member
    Mine has three straps per side. Upper lower and side. Maybe it's just the pic but you should use all six. I use painters tape at any contact points and no car paint damage. I have mine setup so the weight is carried on the bumper like you have. I think it's more stable that way.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

wrench extrodinare
    Bottom legs on bumper are most support, use a cut piece of shammy or micro fleece cloth under the feet, the blue painters tape at strap brkt points works great. I would also move closer to trunk, until pedal interferes, and lower bike arms a notch or two if bikes permit. I use little red velcro straps from Lowes to hold extra strap length and cut some off and burn ends if it will be only on that car.

mtbr member
    All three straps are being used it's hard to see in the picture. I tried getting it closer to the trunk but the metal parts of the straps are way too close to the paint. I will keep messing around with the arm placement.

Thanks for the tips.

Members who have read this thread: 0