Saris rocks- Mtbr.com

Thread: Saris rocks

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Saris rocks

just want to give credit to the awesome people at Saris. I bought a bones 2 trunk rack a couple of months ago, love it, but I striped out one of the big plastic screws that holds the arms in place. I called saris, told them what I had done (my own fault, I overtightened them) they said no problem and sent me 4 new ones (for free) the same week just in case I "screwed" another up. Thanks guys, you're awesome

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    yup thats what we carry most at the shop and thats what i like, great quality items

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I've got the Saris CycleOn hitch mount and have also loved their superb quality. Glad I went with this setup instead of the other brands.

I endorse self propulsion
    Quote Originally Posted by new rider
    just want to give credit to the awesome people at Saris.
    +1
    i bought a 2 bike trunk rack a few months ago, and one of the plastic tabs that holds the straps to the arm broke. i called Saris and they sent out a whole new arm in a matter of days. good stuff.
    "Pops trippin', he want me to ask for my bike back. You know I wouldn't trip."

I like to ride my bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by new rider
    just want to give credit to the awesome people at Saris. I bought a bones 2 trunk rack a couple of months ago, love it, but I striped out one of the big plastic screws that holds the arms in place. I called saris, told them what I had done (my own fault, I overtightened them) they said no problem and sent me 4 new ones (for free) the same week just in case I "screwed" another up. Thanks guys, you're awesome
    Maybe it's my fault...but...

A few moons back, I was going to a local park with the 3 bike Saris on back. 1 mile from the destination, we heard a loud pop, but kept on truckin'. When we got the the parking lot, we saw a beginner mtb group for young girls. They were all staring at our car. I thought that they were impressed with the jewelry (to them) (crap to me) strapped on our van.

We I got out to take off the bike for a ride, one strap had decided to crap out and the bike rack was supported by ONE strap (the one that carries the weight and goes above the rack). So, one of my wheels was 8 inches from the ground while the other was 25 inches from the ground.(36lbs bike on furthest out straps) It was humilitaing and scarey to think that this could have been much worse. Anyway, went for the ride, came back and put bike and rack in the van....(mini van )

Went to the LBS and got it repaired for free under warrenty.

Now, I'm scared 1/2 to death with my 42lbs gravity bike strapped on the back....on furthest out straps + speed bumps.....I still have not figured out how to get a bike on the straps far in. So, the 3 bike rack can only be used for one bike.

Now, with my 28lbs hardtail, no worries.

Mixed feeling about Saris.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

A Real Winner.
    +1 for Saris too!

A customer of mine stripped out one of those plastic thumb screws as well, I called Saris, and they got him 4 new thumb screws as well the next day straight to his house! Too bad they are getting out of the roof rack business, I loved their roof racks.
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

mtbr member
    Love my Saris trunk rack.
    One of the best bike related purchases I have ever made.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

Members who have read this thread: 0