Saris Bones Trek Fuel?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Saris Bones Trek Fuel?

Hey everyone,

I've got a Saris Bones 3 rack, and currently have a 2000 Sugar 3, which is a bit of a pain in the a$$ to get sitting right in the rack, so I usually end up with the wheels off and in the car. I'm looking at a 2007 Trek Fuel EX 8, but was curious if it would fit in the rack. The front triangle is pretty conventional, which would lead me to believe that there would be no problems, but on some of the smaller frames part of the rocker is sitting right where the rack would go. I'm basing this on photos on the Trek website. Does anyone know what size bikes they use for these photos? I have a feeling that the larger frames should be ok clearancewise (I'm most likely going for a 17.5"), but I'm just not sure. Hope someone can help, thanks in advance.

Marc

mtbr member
    I have that same rack and my buddy has a '05 Fuel 80, 17.5. It fits without any problems. I don't know how much different the Fuel's are from the Fuel ex's though. Hopefully that helps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks Johnny,

did a quick google image search on your buddies bike, the rocker is a little lower down than on the newer Fuel ex's so there's plenty of clearance. I guess it depend's on the frame size, but not too sure. Thanks again.

Marc

Members who have read this thread: 0