Saris...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Saris...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Saris...

Hi, I've bought Saris T-Rax sport 502, rack was nice and built quality seemed good, but my bikes were sliding into each other - that caused them to hit each other. I had a Saris Bones RS rack before and was Very happy with it, that's why I've decided to contact Saris to see if they would help me. They told me that I've to mail my rack to them and they'll switch it to Saris Porter for free - of course for free - it has MSRP lower than the one I've bought (according to their website) - so I've asked the Representative to tell me how much $ it'll cost me to upgrade it to a higher model, that's what I've been given - $100 for T-bones and $120 for Thelma - my question is, is it really worth it? Does anybody have any experience with Porter rack and I've also read that T-bones comes with Stand for in house storage - but that it's not stable and if you put 2 mountain bikes - rack will bent or stand bends - something like that... please tell me of you have any experiences with those racks and your opinion.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Use your Bones rs best rack on the market
    2012 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2007 K2 FS
    2006 Ironhorse Quantum
    :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;)

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Agree

I've sold it, cause I had VW Jetta before and it did leave a few scratches on my trunk, now I got Nissan Juke with a Hitch and decided to give a try to Saris Hitch Racks - not happy right now, will see how Saris will fix it - they promised to ship me Saris Porter by the end of next week, will write a review of it when I get it.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    nice nissan juke turbo

well when i use my saris bones rs on the infiniti g37x i just put old cloth under the contacting point and then put the rack so it doesnt scratch for now its scratch freee
    oh and btw how is the hitch rack ive always wanted to have those but never has a chance to. well what do u think do u think that the hitch rack is more stable then the roof rack?oh and one more thing I have called saris and had buisiness with them they are slow but has a good customer service so to get a best thing out of them you need to be strict and tell them to do a effective solutions for it
    2007 K2 FS
    2006 Ironhorse Quantum

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Thanks

Thanks for info. Saris isn't being nice - they're giving me a rack which has a lower MSRP than the one I've returned, MSRP value I take from their website. WHen I've asked if I can upgraded to other more expensive rack - they gave a $ number which wasn't fair.
    Yes, I do think that Hitch is better than roof, if bike falls from the roof it'll mess up ur car and somebody's behind you - Hitch will only mess up a car behind you

mtbr member
    May 2011
    ya know i had some buisiness with saris too, when i got a new car infiniti g37x i bought the rack guardian 3 which was listed ''fits my car'' but after few rides it started to dent the bumper of the car so i called sent the pictures as they said asked for refunds of the rack and bumper price well they just sent me a brand new saris bones rs for free which i use now. well they were like i will give you this rack and i guess it was like half of the bumper replacement price. well to get to this point it took me a good 3 weeks of emailing and calling. so yea you gotta try hard lol
    so for your case i suggest giving a try emailing and calling saris until they giver you a refund.
    2007 K2 FS
    2006 Ironhorse Quantum

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

lol

I've been talking to them for 2 weeks now
    I've come to a point that I'm tired of all BS, if I won't like their Porter rack - will never buy or recommend their products to anybody - that's all.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Shouldn't this be taken up with the merchant instead of the manufacturer?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Yeah

It should, but return policy is 14 days and when I figured out that I didn't like it, I've contacted Saris and it took long for them to reply, plus they told that they'll exchange it for something better and all that - in the end I can't return it to the store anymore...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by odessit_v View Post
    It should, but return policy is 14 days and when I figured out that I didn't like it, I've contacted Saris and it took long for them to reply, plus they told that they'll exchange it for something better and all that - in the end I can't return it to the store anymore...
    You should have called them, sounds like you sent an email to their general mailbox.

In the end it costs the manufacturer a lot more than the merchant for something like this.

Many around here use Saris and everyone swears by them, this was the main reason I went with their rack.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    i always hear that saris racks scratch bikes. I have seen them plenty of times in person and they aren't anywhere close to as sturdy or quality as my thule t2 or former yakima roof racks. unless you're getting a trunk mount (bones) then avoid saris, crappy racks IMO.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    alkemyst - which Saris rack do you have and swear by it? - they have interesting design, but I'm not sure about their quality anymore. It's been 5 days since my old rack arrived to their warehouse, but they still haven't provided me with any info on when my new rack will be shipped out...
    I've had Bones RS and loved it, but T-rax Sport was a mess, so let's see how Porter will be.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Bad Review

Haven't found those reviews when ordered my T-rax Sport, would not order it otherwise:

1. http://www.amazon.com/Saris-T-RAX-Fo...ews/B000BT6Q80

2. http://www.topautopart.com/disappoin...ecevier-review

3. http://reviews.rei.com/review/785001...ike-Hitch-Rack

I'm not the only one who's unhappy.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Saris cant make a good hitch rack
    only good racks that saris makes are bones and bones rs
    other racks suckk
    2007 K2 FS
    2006 Ironhorse Quantum

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Very Good Tech Support

You know in the end it comes to Tech Support, and I'm extremely happy with Saris, Yes the first rack wasn't what I've expected so I've contacted them and they were willing to send me Thelma for free, I mean that's very good exchange

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Got it.

Just for my Thelma - it's a very well made rack, very satisfied

Pin it to win it
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by odessit_v View Post
    alkemyst - which Saris rack do you have and swear by it? - they have interesting design, but I'm not sure about their quality anymore.
    +1

There was a Saris roof rack on my car when I bought it... made it one year before the rear part snapped off on the highway. Scratched up my car and almost dropped my friend's bike on the road at 60mph.

When I went to the shop to buy a new rack they told me they weren't surprised at all... they've seen lots of issues and failures with Saris.
    Speed has never killed anybody. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you.

www.danwalkerphotovideo.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by njxcmtnbkrluvspeed View Post
    other racks suckk
    Wrong!

The Thelma rocks!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    other racks suckk
    my Thelma rack has been perfect
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    nice nissan juke turbo

well when i use my saris bones rs on the infiniti g37x i just put old cloth under the contacting point and then put the rack so it doesnt scratch for now its scratch freee
    oh and btw how is the hitch rack ive always wanted to have those but never has a chance to. well what do u think do u think that the hitch rack is more stable then the roof rack?oh and one more thing I have called saris and had buisiness with them they are slow but has a good customer service so to get a best thing out of them you need to be strict and tell them to do a effective solutions for it
    I have a 2010 G37 sedan and have been looking for a rack to carry a road bike on a highway trip. After looking at pictures of the RS for a long time, I could not figure out how positive pressure was kept on the bottom hooks and thought it might rattle. I currently have a Saris Bones on order, but not sure it will be 100% stable.

Do you find the RS rack to be sufficiently tight? No issues with scratching with towel?