Rust Repair- Mtbr.com

Thread: Rust Repair

person

Rust Repair

I own a 2000 Civic EX Coupe with a bit of rust around the R/R wheel well. It is definitely more than surface rust, but it does not extend more than 1.5'' up the body panel, with the exception being right in front of the tire. The car runs so well and aside from that, the rest of the car is 100% rust free (which is saying a lot for an 8 year old car from NE) I just wanted to know what I can expect to pay for this kind of body work.

Here is a visual.

ATT00010.jpg
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    too much!

you can get someone to lean up the rust and bondo the panel. then the panel would hae to be painted on the outside and sealed(rustproof) underneath. This would only be a bandaid in the issue and prob cost you $1000-1500. As chances are there are other spots on the panel that are beginning to rust as well. Most likely just above the rear bumper seam in the corner.

There is a reason why they refer to rust and body cancer.

But on a good note if that the only issue on an 8 yo car in NE you are doing ok. Over the last 8-10 years rustproofing has come along way. And why auto companies are willing to extend warranties for rust

good luck

person
    Thanks for the reply, thats sort of the price range I was expecting. The rest of the undercarriage is rust proofed....why they didn't do the inside of the body panels is beyond me. Fortunately I've got a couple friends in body shops who might be able to cut me a deal.
    -Thanks again, Dave
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

Members who have read this thread: 0