roof rack for 2003-2008 Corolla- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010

roof rack for 2003-2008 Corolla

Even though the steering, brakes, or accelerator may fail, I still like my 2007 Corolla 4 door, and I want to put a roof rack on it. I tried a Yakima system with Q Tower feet, but could not get it installed (the plastic cam cover wouldn't align to the tower base when closed. I couldn't lock the rack). The professional installer I went to couldn't install it either. All measurements were accurate, and I tried every possible tension between the min-max markers on the tower.

I'm thinking about trying a Thule, but I'm skittish. Is anyone here using a Thule system on their 2003-2008 Corolla? Either with the 400XT Aero feet or the newer 480 Traverse feet. If so, what was the installation process like? Are you happy with the performance of the system? Did you have to deviate from the fit sheet measurements, and if so, what measurements did you use?

Best Wishes, and Thanks for any advice!

code: mtbr2011
    the traverse system is far superior to anything we have installed in the past. the measurements are good, and the fit is solid and secure - and easy to install.

i have installed hundreds of q towers and have had some of the same issues over the years with the cam lever being so tight, that you can't turn the key. while we have tricks in the shop to alleviate that, we agree that it shouldn't be something consumers should have to deal with.
    the 480 traverse is not new. in fact it has been used in europe for some time, which is why thule was able to roll it out with so many fits right away.
    here is a link to some install pictures that are posted on our blog.
    granted, this is on a ford edge, but i can assure you that you will be totally happy with the traverse.

here is a link to the traverse rack system...it's a complete rack system. all you have to do is enter your vehicle at checkout, and we will make sure 100% that you get the right product.

something that we have been doing for people is pre-assembling the rack with the towers and clips assembled and measured perfectly on the bar prior to shipping... all you have to do is measure where it goes on the car, tighten it down and voila...a rock solid rack system.

this is complimentary -especially to mtbr forum members- all you have to do is ask in the comments section of the checkout.

all of this, coupled with our best price - 10% off everyday - + free shipping + free assembly + expert knowledge make us feel that we are offering the best value anywhere online. period.

i hope we can earn your business...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks for the reply! I am ordering a system from you today!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I just wanted to update this thread in case there are any other 2003-2008 Corolla owners out there looking at roof racks. I bought the Thule Traverse feet and 1585 fit kit for my car, and it works great! The rack is on the car very tight, and the pads that come with the fit kit are very precisely molded to the contours of the roof. I am highly impressed with the quality of this kit.

I also want to thank Scott from Cracks and Racks for all his help. I was really nervous after my first experience with the Yakima about trying a different system, but his advice was very helpful. Everything about the process, from ordering to installation, went very smoothly. This weekend I carried my mountain bike 500 miles over curvy mountain roads and interstates with no worry at all.

Members who have read this thread: 0