Roof rack for 09 Focus Coupe?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Roof rack for 09 Focus Coupe?

I have a 2009 Ford Focus Coupe, and I am trying to find a rack to go on top. I want to be able to use it for bikes and/or skis or snowboards. I am not sure which will fit. How do I know which to get? Thanks!

EDIT: I think I have figured something out that would fit but it would be ridiculous expensive.

The Yakima Q towers with stretch kit and then an upright bike rack. I added up a total and with the locks it would be just over $400 and about $450 with the locks. Should I just save my money and get a rack for my trunk, for under $100? Thanks again.
    Last edited by unl3a5h3d; 05-22-2010 at 09:09 PM.

code: mtbr2011
    the rear mount is an option, but won't satisfy your need to carry skis.

the roof rack is going to be a better long term investment, in my opinion. unfortunately, the q stretch kit is a necessary part of the rack system.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yeah the stretch kit was included in that. I am graduating in a couple weeks so this will probably have a lot to do with how much money I get from that lol. But I will have to save some for college this fall. Thanks for the reply.

Ridin' Dirty
    I have an '08 Focus coupe and have a Yakima setup. I don't use the stretch kit but I only carry around 1 bike and it's fine. If I had to carry 2 bikes than I would get a stretch kit.
    Keep an eye on Craigslist, sometimes you can score smokin' deals on racks. I found mine on there for 40 bucks...just needed to buy a few things for it but spent less than 90 bucks total on it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgrafk
    I have an '08 Focus coupe and have a Yakima setup. I don't use the stretch kit but I only carry around 1 bike and it's fine. If I had to carry 2 bikes than I would get a stretch kit.
    Keep an eye on Craigslist, sometimes you can score smokin' deals on racks. I found mine on there for 40 bucks...just needed to buy a few things for it but spent less than 90 bucks total on it.
    Wow! That would be amazing. But I think this will work for now.

Is it a bad idea to leave the rack on all of the time? Should I just put it on when I am getting ready to transport a bike?

Ridin' Dirty
    My rooftop I take off only once a year...when I wax my car.
    It's fine to leave it on all the time, as long as you have locks so somebody doesn't rip it off. It takes a little time to put it on and take it off.

Also keep an eye out on CL for parts. You might be able to pick up parts here and there and piece a set together for cheap.

It took a while for me to come across a smoking deal, there out there though. I used to just put the seat down and toss the bike in the trunk.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    get the roof rack. I believe I got the Yakimas on Craiglist for $200. I had the trunk rack before that, and the roof rack was much better and practical.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Delete cuz this is an old azz thread.
    Last edited by LowLow; 11-05-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0