rocky mounts- Mtbr.com

Thread: rocky mounts

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

rocky mounts

Does anyone have experience with the Rocky mount clutch sd. I am thinking about getting some for my tacoma. Please give any pros cons and the cheapest place that you have found them.

Dec 2006
    check out this link, there are a few of them there that have them and have made adjustments to them to make them even better

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t145930.html

Nate

mtbr member
    I've been using them on my Tacoma for four or five months now. They are high quality and work really well . I was using the bike mounts that Toyota sells for the Tacoma rack system, but wasn't happy with those at all. The clutch sd is WAY better. No comparison.

My only advice - when installing the clutch sd, make sure you use some thread lock on the bolts. Otherwise, they will loosen. Haven't had to touch them since I did that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I just put my order in yesterday so hopefully they will arive and I can get them installed in the next couple of days. So far I have heard nothing, but good things about these. Everyone says they are 100 times better than the Toyota mounts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I just wanted to give an update in case anyone was looking to go this route. I used mine for the first time yesterday. I have the clutch sd for my Tacoma and used washers in front of the mounting bolts that came with it and they were rock solid. There was so lateral movement whatsoever.

Members who have read this thread: 0