rear bike mount solution?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

rear bike mount solution?

As much as I wanted to love this rear bike mount - Thule 9002 raceway. it has already scratched my Toyota Camry bumper pretty badly. Today both the anti sway cage and on the bike mounting arms cracked today on my way back from a bike trail. I'm very disappointed. I can no longer use the lock on the first position without a anti sway bar. I wish my car had a hitch, so I can use hitch bike mounting solutions. Are there any rear bike mounts you guys highly recommend and with locking solution, so I can eat at a restaurant without anyone clipping my thin wire lock?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    It will be a several hundred bucks for hitch and rack but if you are going to get serious about it then the only way to go is to put a receiver on your Yota. I ordered a U-Haul receiver hitch for my car and a Swagman. When I am done riding, just set the bike on the rack and push the ratcheting arm over the cross tube.(an Ipad screen protector cut up to proper sizes makes great frame protection) It has a place for a pad lock on the ratchet so you can secure the bike during post ride libations. The rack also locks to the receiver. I have this style on both of my cars. Love em. I have a Hollywood rack too but the Swagman has the lock mechanism you speak of.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Members who have read this thread: 0