Raxter platform rack anyone ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Raxter platform rack anyone ?

I am ready to buy a hitch rack for my Focus and was getting ready to order the swagman xc as i wanted a platform style but came across the thread on the 1up quickrack and really like the idea of it holding it by the wheels and not the the frame but have a hard time justifying $300 for a single - Doing more research i came across the Raxter which appears to be a knock off of the 1up and i can get the single version for $156 shipped and two bike version for $2xx but was a little concerned as it looks like there is quite a bit of plastic on it and am not sure how the arms clamp/ratchet on to the tire so if some one is using it would appreciate your input. Thanks

tl1
    Bicyclist

I have a Raxter

I've had it for 3 years plus now. I love it. It's easy to use, well constructed, quick and easy to load/unload a bike, lightweight, durable and 29 incher friendly. Somehow I think 1-Up and Raxter are related, same company perhaps using different materials. The Raxter is made of steel and plastic, the 1-Up of aluminum.

tl1
    Bicyclist

Straps

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider
    Doing more research i came across the Raxter which appears to be a knock off of the 1up and i can get the single version for $156 shipped and two bike version for $2xx but was a little concerned as it looks like there is quite a bit of plastic on it and am not sure how the arms clamp/ratchet on to the tire so if some one is using it would appreciate your input. Thanks
    Straps using velcro hold the wheels on which sometimes looks questionable but has worked flawlessly. The plastic on the rack is well made and durable.

ballbuster

That....

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider
    I am ready to buy a hitch rack for my Focus and was getting ready to order the swagman xc as i wanted a platform style but came across the thread on the 1up quickrack and really like the idea of it holding it by the wheels and not the the frame but have a hard time justifying $300 for a single - Doing more research i came across the Raxter which appears to be a knock off of the 1up and i can get the single version for $156 shipped and two bike version for $2xx but was a little concerned as it looks like there is quite a bit of plastic on it and am not sure how the arms clamp/ratchet on to the tire so if some one is using it would appreciate your input. Thanks
    ... is one long mufiggin sentence.

Interesting, tho. Worth checking out, I suppose.

http://www.raxterracks.com/index.cfm?id=3&prodID=8

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1
    I've had it for 3 years plus now. I love it. It's easy to use, well constructed, quick and easy to load/unload a bike, lightweight, durable and 29 incher friendly. Somehow I think 1-Up and Raxter are related, same company perhaps using different materials. The Raxter is made of steel and plastic, the 1-Up of aluminum.
    Thanks for the review and that is good to know about the 29er as i would be using it for my Nomad and my YS 29er. Do you have the single or dual version ? I guess the one i was looking at for $156 is the single stinger non-folding version. also a question about the arms, they do not lock/ratchet like the 1up ? if not what stops them from going side to side ?

Another note regarding the 1up i just came across - reading there site they are so confident no one will be able to steal there rack that if it gets stolen from your vehicle they will replace it for free. i just wish i was not such a cheap arse haha

Members who have read this thread: 0