Rack for Lefty & pickup truck- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rack for Lefty & pickup truck

Any suggestions on transporting my Cannondale w/Lefty in my pickup. Laying it down leaves no room for other bikes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Got a hitch, or do you want it in the bed?

J

mtbr member
    Bed....I did see an old thread showing insta-gator and recrac....both look like possibilities since they keep the wheel on.

mtbr member
    If you can find the Yakima "Ankle Biter Deuce", it'll be a good solution for you. Unfortunately, they don't make that one any more, though there are other wheel on options from the big rack makers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    They make an attachment called Fork Up. It bolts onto the end of the lefty after you've taken the wheel off, and allows you to use any sort of fork mount system. It's kind of a pain to use at first, but after a few times you start to get the hang of it. You have to undo the brake caliper part way and loosen the bolt holding the wheel on. I'd say it takes me about two to three minutes to put and/or take off my Scalpel from the top of my wagon. I think they cost forty or fifty bucks. Most shops should stock them, or at the very least be able to order one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Try looking under the 'Car and Biker' category for bike rack ideas. You'll see all sorts of good ideas for bed racks -- as well as a few hitch ideas that may change your mind.
    Either you rode today, or you didn't.

Members who have read this thread: 0