Rack for 2016 Jeep Compass- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Rack for 2016 Jeep Compass

Looking for a good bike rack for our new Jeep Compass. Always had a truck and was able to throw the bike in the back, but not we have the Compass. We do not have a hitch, so it has to be one of those racks that attaches with straps.

Not looking to break the bank, but something good that works.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    This is my first post on this forum. I own 2 Jeep Grands. I carry internally on a budget-rig using 2 "Delta (R)" fork locks mounted/screwed into a finished 1"X 6" plank cut to the width of both back seats folded down. 1/4 " Hardware is round-headed, mounted equal to either side of the front armrest. The plank is secured to the rear seat backs (folded down) w/ self-adhering Velcro (rough side) on the bottom of the plank. (Cont'd)

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    2 ea 27.5 bikes are each angled to outboard, handlebars turned to outboard, rear tire leans against rear wall w/ a rag preventing tire scuff. Forks are nestled in lock that are mounted front-rear on finished plank, vice width-wise as in a pickup bed. I use the cargo bed tie points in the back of the jeep to run a simple cargo strap across the base of each rear tire. 3 points of contact, plank & 5 ea velcro strips secure automatically to the famous jeep seat-back pile lining. Lower your seat, be careful w/ the ceiling lining, and place your dismounted front wheels behind the front seats. Option allows for a clear rear view. Pack all cargo around/between bikes w/ a clear rear view. Photos later low battery signal.