Question for T2 owners...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Question for T2 owners...

I just got one of these, and loving it so far.

My friend has the older Sportworks version, and pointed out something to me yesterday. On his, the upside down "u" top part of the arm that clamps over the tire and is supposed to touch the fork legs when clamped down properly has rubbed the paint off his fork where it touches.

Having only used mine once, it hasn't happed to me. But just wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

IFSDlxSS IFTiFLWMtb GFAdv
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007
    I just got one of these, and loving it so far.

My friend has the older Sportworks version, and pointed out something to me yesterday. On his, the upside down "u" top part of the arm that clamps over the tire and is supposed to touch the fork legs when clamped down properly has rubbed the paint off his fork where it touches.

Having only used mine once, it hasn't happed to me. But just wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

It all depends on where you lock down the clamp on the tire. You do not need to force down the lock so far that it hits the fork. I can see where the end of the "U" COULD rub on the fork, but if clamped down properly, the only part of your bike touching any part of the rack is the tires and the rear part of the rim where the strap goes around the bottom of the rack.

Been using my T2 for about a year now and not a single mark on any of my bikes while transporting. This is includes a 29er hardtail.....

Members who have read this thread: 0