Question the roof rack fit?- Mtbr.com

Dec 2007

Question the roof rack fit?

Anyone here question their fit after they had everything put on, yakima or thule triple checked the measurements and tried to believe its right, on paper it is but honestly I know its right, but it seems eh. Anyone here question their racks after they put em on, roof rack

Sweep the leg!
    Nope.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pawe1
    Anyone here question their fit after they had everything put on, yakima or thule triple checked the measurements and tried to believe its right, on paper it is but honestly I know its right, but it seems eh. Anyone here question their racks after they put em on, roof rack
    what? you aren't sense making any

Dec 2007
    after you put your rack on did you question it? saying, something dosent look right here. ... but its the way its suppose to be.

Sweep the leg!
    After putting the rack on the car grab each load bar one at a time and rock the car. Is it solid? did the tower pop off? did it make you feel better? Good.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

since 4/10/2009
    After installing, I ALWAYS check the fit to make sure the towers and bars won't be moving. I rock the vehicle side-to-side and also attempt to slide the towers forwards or backwards. If, after that, they stay put, I am confident they won't cause me trouble.

But to be safe, I always do a quick check whenever putting anything on the roof. I don't want to be that guy who loses a bike on the freeway because the rack failed.

Members who have read this thread: 0