Props for Saris- Mtbr.com

Thread: Props for Saris

Lionel Hutz, Esq.

Props for Saris

Hey all, I just wanted to put a thread out expressing my pleasure with Saris.

I picked up one of their Thelma racks back at the start of the summer. It's been great to me but one day I came to my car to see that (probably) someone had backed into it and one of the front wheel cups (the stationary lower) had been split down the middle. I called Saris and sent them my broken cup. They warrantied the part and I had a full rack again in 10days. Very polite customer service and quick turnaround.
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

mtbr member
    2nd that. I have a Saris roof rack that I got 10 years ago, and when I ever have needed a part because it broke or something I just call them up and they send it out under warranty.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have also had Saris roof racks since the mid 90s and on several occasions Saris has been very helpful in providing parts needed at no charge to fit new cars or replace small parts that I have lost/broken.

Even though the roof racks have been discontinued they still support them and have sent me parts recently to fit the rack to a new car.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Yeah, props to Saris

I sold a Guardian 3 rack on craigslist and the saris website's video of the chick showing how to use it was a great salespoint. I liked the rack fine, but it didn't do any favors to my rear bumper, which developed spiderweb fractures in the plastic. Not Saris's fault, though. They're not responsible for car manufacturers' cutting corners with bumper quality.

Members who have read this thread: 0