Problems with Saris Bones- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Problems with Saris Bones

Hey,
    I have been searching around for and this rack comes up a lot but nothing with this issue.
    I recently purchased a Bones 3 and when I put it on my Saab 93 Sedan the upper arms that rest on the trunk lid pull away when I have my bike on it. This gap is evident when driving and I am worried that this will become problematic at higher speeds. I have the straps all the way tightened and moving the arms hasn't done much. Does anyone else have this issue and is it a problem when driving at higher speeds?
    THANKS!

mtbr member
    The same happens to me on my VW golf. Im not too worried about it though. Im more worried about going through a skinny gap and loosing the wheels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I think what your referring to may be fixed with a simple change on the "angle of attack" on the arm that sits on top of your trunk. If you move the arm off the sprocket and put it back on in a lower position on the sprocket so that the Saris is in a more vertical position, you may be able to make a tighter connection. I've personally not had this problem, but I would think this would be able to fix your issue.

Members who have read this thread: 0