Pontiac Vibe Stock Roof Bars- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Pontiac Vibe Stock Roof Bars

Hey everyone,
    I've been browsing and a few rack companys say that their product will fit with the stock oval bars fitted to cars. I was wondering if anyone here had a Vibe with the stock bars, running some sort of bike carrying system. And which one.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Some bike racks will bolt directly to your existing crossbars. I know some racks from Thule and Yakima will do this.

Others will need an intermediary thinger, like this Thule 532:

...which as you can see is a crossbar that mounts to your current crossbar (I always found this silly).

The third option is replacing your stock oval crossbars with crossbars from the rack manufacturer of your choice, which will make things more convenient all around.

code: mtbr2011
    i'm not a big fan of the thule 532 ride on adapter for "new" applications...when i say that, i mean that there are many good racks out there that will fit your factory installed crossbars.
    the 532 has a use for someone with existing bike racks, like an old big mouth, or thule velo vise, and wants to mount to their existing bars.
    if you're looking for a new bike rack to attach to the vibe, check out some racks that are designed to mount direct to your factory crossbars.

mtbr member
    I put a 2 inch reciever hitch on my GF's Vibe..easy job.and it works great with the exisiting rear mounts we have.....not a fan of the roof racks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norcal2
    I put a 2 inch reciever hitch on my GF's Vibe..easy job.and it works great with the exisiting rear mounts we have.....not a fan of the roof racks
    where did you find a 2" receiver for a Vibe? all I've found are 1 1/4. I have a 2" hitch rack that I use on our SUV, would love to be able to use it on the vibe too.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspoke
    where did you find a 2" receiver for a Vibe? all I've found are 1 1/4. I have a 2" hitch rack that I use on our SUV, would love to be able to use it on the vibe too.
    bought the 1 1/4 hitch and the 2 inch to 1 1/4 adapter, used the adapter for a while and finally got tired of the length, went to a hitch place/ u haul and they welded the 2 inch piece off the adapter to the 1 1/4 and all is good!, same thing as you as I have 3 racks all 2 inch and did not want to buy new ones! Ill see if i can take a pic looks stock...good luck

Members who have read this thread: 1