Pickup truck rack for use with toppers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Pickup truck rack for use with toppers

I've got a Dodge Dakota p/u with a bedliner and a topper. I'd like to get some sort of a rack for it; last year I was laying my bike down without any problems except for the huge waste of space inside . I guess it would have to be a fork mount, and the seat post would of course have to be lowered. I'd rather not use a hitch mount rack because I'd like to lock everything inside. A lot of the racks I see for trucks are great, but they are for open trucks, a little high for a cap. Anybody have any preferences or suggestions? Thanks.

code: mtbr2011
    you can fork mount a yakima blockhead or thule lowrider on a 2x6, roll your bike in backwards, and secure the forks. you would have to lower your seat, probably...

MTB NOLA
    I have a "Undercover" bed cover... it's ABS composite material.. i wouldn't use my set up on a fiberglass cover... it has worked for me the last 2 years with no problems... i used a piece of flat iron, mounted 2 sette fork mounts.. drilled holes through cover to mount.. applied clear silicone to prevent leaks.. also, under the cover i have flat iron strips attached to distribute the load.... all for around $45.00
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pickup truck rack for use with toppers-bike-rack-2.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0