• 12-08-2009
    Renovatio
    OT: Replacing Tacoma Suspension
    Hey,

I have a 1999 Prerunner and planning to replace the very worn out shocks. I'm keeping it stock height. Besides ordering the replacement f/r shocks is there anything else I should be concerned about? Such as bushings or springs?
  • 12-08-2009
    kanai
    i'd head over to toyotanation and check out their tacoma forums. lots of helpful and friendly peeps there. i used to spend a lot of time browsing the 2005+ tacoma section (as i have a '06). when i do wander there, i usually find a lot of useful stuff.

you could also try ttora, but that's more geared to off-roading. since you've got a prerunner, that may not be for you. good luck!
  • 12-08-2009
    rallyraid
    I got nothing to add, but if you don't have Bilstein shocks already, they're worth it and are reasonably priced.
  • 12-08-2009
    AlexJK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rallyraid
    I got nothing to add, but if you don't have Bilstein shocks already, they're worth it and are reasonably priced.

I was gonna say bilstein! i love them!
  • 12-09-2009
    jrm
    i went with Bilsteins
    All the way around on my 98 4runner. Really liked the ride alot.
  • 12-09-2009
    The Dude
    head to www.toyteclifts.com and www.wheelersoffroad.com. get some bilstein HD shocks for the front and rear. same shock but a beefier construction. will suit your vehicle nicely.