North Shore Rack- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

North Shore Rack

I just picked this rack up a few weeks ago, and cannot believe how user friendly it is. It is far and away the best rack I have EVER used! We loaded it up for a trip to the Sunshine Coast a few days back, and everything went off without a hitch! (plz excuse the bad pun). Anyone in the market for a new rack should give these a look....you will not be disappointed!

Cheers

Buzz
    MCM#45
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What racks have you tried previously?

How do you see this as being better as a "normal" hitch that stores the bike's top tube horizontal relative to the road? It seems as if you're losing your rear window visability.

And I'm not sure those mounting pegs would accomodate the thinner fork of my road bike.

Sorry if I'm coming off as overly critical...when it comes to things like bike racks, I guess I'm more of the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" type of guys.
    Either you rode today, or you didn't.

mtbr member
    I have tried pretty much everything in the book as far as racks go. And yes you are correct about it not being useable for road bikes. It wasnt designed for them. But then again arent you supposed to be riding your road bike on the road? I am not a fan of clamping ANYTHING on top tube of a bike, so those type hitch mounts are out of the question for me. Racks like the Thule T2 which hold the bike by its tires sit far too low to the ground and constantly scrape the ground on even the slightest incline. Not to mention how far out the back a T2 with 4 bikes rides!!! Again not to pick on the T2, but the price of a T2 with the 2 bike extension (4 bikes total) adds up to $1000+ up here in Canada. That just isnt reasonable. And the visibility is still quite good, though I agree it does appear it blocks your view, but in fact it doesnt. It takes about 10 seconds/bike to load and unload, no straps or ratchets of anykind. Bikes are the most secure of anything I have ever tried, and if it has a suspension fork, it will fit (except for maybe a Lefty).
    And done worry about coming off as overly critical, those are all good questions. In my opinion, I think that it addresses many of the issues the other racks out there have overlooked....

Cheers

Steve

Members who have read this thread: 0