New transportation vehicle!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Smile New transportation vehicle!

Just bought this puppy this past saturday. Needs some minor interior work and new tires but I'm still totally stoked to be able to access some "new" terrain Anyway here she is......

New transportation vehicle!-blazer-zr2-small-.jpg

New transportation vehicle!-blazer-zr2-2-small-.jpg

New transportation vehicle!-blazer-zr2-3-small-.jpg
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

mtbr member
    Sweet! Tell me it is the 4.3!! The Blazers/s-10 are great vehicles.

-Brett
    Visit my Youtube channel for lots of DH and XC videos!
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    Nice! ive always lusted over the ZR-2 but want four doors. I am the proud owner of a 2000 Blazer, 130k on the clock and still going strong. The only thing id change is better mileage but its kinda a portly little vehicle and it handles great in the snow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Carraig042
    Sweet! Tell me it is the 4.3!! The Blazers/s-10 are great vehicles.

-Brett
    Yep it's the 4.3!
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Wow spazzy that's not that many miles for a 2000! Lol mine just broke 109K and it's an 04 but hey, you treat these things right and they will last almost forever. Idk why but I can already envision the bike on the roof

mtbr member
    Make use of that off-road capability and you'll pretty much enjoy the outdoors, off-roading and mountain biking: perfect

To be honest, I sometimes lusted for a Chevy Blazer/S-10 ZR-2, they look like they can seriously tear up some terrain!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd245246
    Wow spazzy that's not that many miles for a 2000! Lol mine just broke 109K and it's an 04 but hey, you treat these things right and they will last almost forever. Idk why but I can already envision the bike on the roof
    I know im lucky, It's my baby, i bought it in late 2005 with 88k on the clock. A yearish later i started college and im lucky to drive it once or twice a week running errands.

Yea the engine is bulletproof. Id heard horror stories with the tranny but mine has been great (knock on wood). The only issue ive had is exhaust related (and some minor rust) (but i live in WI and its parked outside) the salt eats away at the underside...

mtbr member
    My '95 s10 with the 4.3 (manual tranny) has been pretty much flawless. It has right at about 150k on it. It is my daily, and only, driver and I love it. Get some A/T tires and you will be set.

-Brett
    Visit my Youtube channel for lots of DH and XC videos!
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I was thinking either A/T or M/T. However with winter approaching I think it would make more sense to get the A/T's because I've read reviews that most M/T tires aren't very good in snow.

mtbr member
    I have had my 2000 BlaZeR2 for 6 years or so. I have 143K on it runs great. It is rusting out, but what do you expect for Syracuse, NY...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerprix
    I have had my 2000 BlaZeR2 for 6 years or so. I have 143K on it runs great. It is rusting out, but what do you expect for Syracuse, NY...
    Eh same here, only from the great northwoods of Wisconsin. Ive been preemptive striking the rust every 6-9 months and grinding/priming/painting, its gotta get me another 5 years through pharm school i can afford any holes yet.

Hail Satin!
    I worked for a Chevy dealer for a bit and those things do last a long time. The only real problems I remember from working on them is the interior fell apart (close the door and the handle stays in your had) The bottom end of the engine sometimes devolved a knock because GM changed to lead free engine bearings. And the lower ball joints go bad and the way the front end is designed it make it kinda hard to tell when it happens (just Google proper way to check S-10 ball joints)
    But otherwise they kicked ass. Just fight the temptation to get a little extra lift from the front end by cranking up the torsion bars.
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chewymilk99
    I worked for a Chevy dealer for a bit and those things do last a long time. The only real problems I remember from working on them is the interior fell apart (close the door and the handle stays in your had) The bottom end of the engine sometimes devolved a knock because GM changed to lead free engine bearings. And the lower ball joints go bad and the way the front end is designed it make it kinda hard to tell when it happens (just Google proper way to check S-10 ball joints)
    But otherwise they kicked ass. Just fight the temptation to get a little extra lift from the front end by cranking up the torsion bars.
    Yea I know about the torsion bars, kinda bummed but cranking them will just mess the car up. My interior isn't terrible but it's definitely worn, the driver's side window has this huge knocking sound about midway up. LOL but other than that it isn't bad, I do notice an occasional knocking sound from the engine bay area so I'll have to look into that a bit more...

mtbr member
    Here are pics of my truck. It has 146k not 143k what I thought before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New transportation vehicle!-truck1.jpg  

New transportation vehicle!-truck2.jpg  

New transportation vehicle!-truck3.jpg  

New transportation vehicle!-truck4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerprix
    Here are pics of my truck. It has 146k not 143k what I thought before.
    I love those tires! What are they? And the fogs add a nice touch too.

mtbr member
    BFGoodrich AT. Awesome tires.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    WOW, I christened the truck today! First time offroading and I can't believe how well it did, especially with the condition of the tires. For those of you in the northeast you know how New Jersey got hammered with rain earlier in the week... Well it was MUDDY ,I didn't do any of the deep water crossings because I went by myself (with a friend in the car of course) but I'm surprised how well it did in the deep muddy ruts. This thing is a tank!

Members who have read this thread: 0