New Subaru WRX Sedan.. Hitch\Roof?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

New Subaru WRX Sedan.. Hitch\Roof?

Its been a while since I've been on the forums, but I needed to see about my options on racks.
    I just traded in my Xterra which I had a hitch and I also have a 1UP USA rack. I'm not sure I want to install a hitch on the WRX (2104), so I guess my only option is a roof rack. I will probably end up selling the 1UP (2 trays) to fund the new rack for the Subaru. Any suggestions from any Subaru owners? Pictures or roof racks installed would be great.

Thanks

mtbr member
    The WRX has tabs in the rain gutter to easily attach the towers of your choice. I prefer Yakima due to their awesome customer service and they have a great product too.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Why wouldn't you want a towbar (for a hitch-rack) on the WRX? I had one. I have one now on my camaro SS. You don't even know there's a towbar on the cars unless you are really looking for it from one angle, and if anything with the WRX, it's only helping to fix the nose-heavy problem that those cars have and tie the rear end together a bit. It's so nice using a hitch-rack IMO over a roof one.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Why wouldn't you want a towbar (for a hitch-rack) on the WRX? I had one. I have one now on my camaro SS. You don't even know there's a towbar on the cars unless you are really looking for it from one angle, and if anything with the WRX, it's only helping to fix the nose-heavy problem that those cars have and tie the rear end together a bit. It's so nice using a hitch-rack IMO over a roof one.
    The 2011-2014 WRX's have extra bumper skirting all around including the rear bumper. You could put a hitch on a WRX, but you'd have to cut your rear bumper out to do it.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Neseth View Post
    The 2011-2014 WRX's have extra bumper skirting all around including the rear bumper. You could put a hitch on a WRX, but you'd have to cut your rear bumper out to do it.
    I thought the need to cut out part of the rear diffuser was only for the '11+ hatches? I think the sedan is okay.

New Subaru WRX Sedan.. Hitch\Roof?-fsnj9jy.jpg

mtbr member

Re: New Subaru WRX Sedan.. Hitch\Roof?

Quote Originally Posted by Neseth View Post
    Do the imprezza eco hidden hitches work on wrx's?
    CRAMBA Chairman