New 20mm t/a Fork Up- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New 20mm t/a Fork Up

I just wanted to start this thread to gauge potential interest on a modified Fork Up for use in mounting on a flatbed or flat board or any other horizontal type mount. I've been using one for a while designed for a quick release fork for a number of years, but haven't found one single bracket for mounting a 20mm thru axle fork.

Here is what the standard 20mm Fork Up looks like, which is designed to fit into another clamping device:

Attached is a rough diagram of how the new part would look, designed to be fixed-mounted to save height by eliminating the need for an additional bracket or mount, and be very secure:

This thread is not intended to be a discussion about whether or not this part is needed, or whether or not it's possible to use the existing Fork Up in conjunction with a standard QR type bracket. This thread is simply trying to gauge interest in a modified version of the Fork Up that allows for easy mounting on a slab of wood or truck bed, without requiring additional brackets or adapters or other quick release parts. If you only ride bikes with thru axles, you should not be required to purchase additional parts for other fork systems, they are completely different technologies.

If it's flexibility you are after, and need it to work with existing QR hardware, then admittedly this is probably not going to be of interest to you.

code: mtbr2011
    why don't you go out and mock one up, post some pictures, and see if you find more interest.
    i agree, there are many products out there for pickup truck beds, even the track systems on the toyota/nissan trucks that are only designed to haul 9mm qr forks - but nothing for thru-axle forks, which arguably are increasing in popularity with longer travel bikes.
    rocky mounts, in boulder, co, makes some great products for 9mm applications, and previously made a product called the fly trap for thru axles, with locking capability, which i feel is important...
    you might bounce your idea off of bobby over there and see if he has any interest revitalizing the fly trap adapter.
    don't forget, there's 24mm, 29mm and most new fox forks are 15mm. plus lefty's...so you can't discriminate!
    good luck...i'd be interested to see the finished product...

Members who have read this thread: 0