Need y-30 clips for Yakima SST please help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Need y-30 clips for Yakima SST please help

I didnt know where else to ask.

I am looking to buy some y-30 clips for my Yakima rack so it will fit my 1988 Honda CRX.

Can someone please help me find some.

Thanks in advance.

Jack

bob
    mtbr member
    Are you talking about the metal part that keeps the rack on the car? If so, today might be your lucky day. I had an 88 CRX and I believe I still have those clips in my attic. I recently moved, so I'm not promising I still have them. But if I do, they're yours. I'll check the attic tonight.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bob
    Are you talking about the metal part that keeps the rack on the car? If so, today might be your lucky day. I had an 88 CRX and I believe I still have those clips in my attic. I recently moved, so I'm not promising I still have them. But if I do, they're yours. I'll check the attic tonight.

Oh you would SO be my hero! Thanks

pronounced may-duh
    if not, try ebay

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    if not, try ebay
    I wish it was that easy. I looked there first to no avail.

bob
    mtbr member

Sorry Jack

Sorry Jack, no luck. I must have thrown them out during the move. Seems a shame because I must have kept those things around for over ten years for some reason.

Don't lose hope though. Rack Attack used to carry older Yakima parts. The clips that fit a 94 Honda Accord are almost the same as the ones you need, they're just a hair longer. They could definitely be modified. Also, as you know, a CRX is a Civic. I'm willing to bet any clips that would fit an older Civic would work.

A frequent poster,*rt*, has or used to have a CRX like yours. I don't know if she used Yakima or Thule, but you could try paging her over in the passion forum.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bob
    Sorry Jack, no luck. I must have thrown them out during the move. Seems a shame because I must have kept those things around for over ten years for some reason.

Don't lose hope though. Rack Attack used to carry older Yakima parts. The clips that fit a 94 Honda Accord are almost the same as the ones you need, they're just a hair longer. They could definitely be modified. Also, as you know, a CRX is a Civic. I'm willing to bet any clips that would fit an older Civic would work.

A frequent poster,*rt*, has or used to have a CRX like yours. I don't know if she used Yakima or Thule, but you could try paging her over in the passion forum.
    Hey thanks for looking for me. It is kind of funny how you keep stuff for ever but it seems to disappear as soon as you want it. Thanks again, Jack

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I have a set of Y 30 clips on an set of sst towers that I would like to part with as a complete set. I also have a fairing and 48 in bars to sell.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Yakima Y-30 clips

I am looking for 2 pairs of Yakima Y-30 clips, anyone have any??

ali'i hua
    yaima hasn't made the Y clips for rather a while- they're onto the "Q" system and have been for close to 10 years.

y'all try contacting Yakima direct? their cusomter service has always been pretty good.

pronounced may-duh
    This guy on ebay has 1 box link to ebay auction Good Luck

Members who have read this thread: 0