Need some ideas on cars to look into- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Need some ideas on cars to look into

I currently drive a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant, while I love the car, I need to lower my monthly payment, and so am looking for something else. Problem is, I have no idea what I really want, and since I like the Audi, its harder to find something.

Ideally I want another wagon, I have 2 small children, bikes, etc, AWD is also a plus (which I know really narrows down the choices). I have a long commute, the A4 gets me on average 29MPG, and I don't want to be getting much worse than that, so no SUV's. I also want something that handles well, 99% of the time its just me in the car, so I like to have some fun on twisty roads.

I want to find a 2005 - 2007 Legacy GT Wagon, but they are very difficult to find. One of the reasons I bought the Audi is because I could not find a Legacy GT wagon within several hundred miles.

So, really, I am open to ideas for anything. It does not have to be a wagon, as long as it has a decent amount of space (I have a truck that I can use for hauling bikes around when I need to). Budget is $15,000.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    You should be able to get into a 2009 Pontiac Vibe within your budget. Slightly smaller than the Audi but gets good gas mileage and has gotten good reviews.

A couple year old SAAB 9-3 or 9-5 wagon would be my first choice. My 9-3 sedan got around 30-31 mpg on average and the turbo 4 cylinder was fun to drive (manual).

Mazda3 wagon could be in the running. I have the previous model (Protege5) and it's been a great vehicle. 34-35 mpg highway (manual) and few mechanical problems (just a lot of rust for a 6 year old car).

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Here's a different perspective for you. If you are trying to save money, forego the monthly payment on a depreciating asset and buy a 2000+ Ford Taurus wagon and put snow tires on it. You'll pay $5000-$7000 for what is a pretty reliable vehicle with lots of space and a comfortable ride. Cheap to fix if anything breaks. Insurance is next to nothing. Bank around $10K.

But hey, I'm cheap when it comes to cars

mtbr member
    Its not AWD but its in your price range I think http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/el...a_touring.aspx
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Depends on how much room you need and just how small the kiddos are. Mine JUST got out of car-seats. That opened up a few choices for us.

We're looking (still), and have it narrowed down to either a Suby Impreza or a Mazda3. MPG is decent (better than the previous vehicles), and still decently fun to drive.

New they're both right around $20, so finding one used would put it right in the ballpark. What it boils down to for us is mpg vs awd. And even then it's only about a mile or two per gallon.

Seen some of the legacy wagons, and they sure can be a sleeper-mobile. Quick with the turbo, and won't attract any extra attention.

Good luck,

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    JmZ, mine are not out of car-seats yet, one is 4 and old enough now that he can use a booster seat, the other is 2, so will be in a car-seat for a while longer.

I have been looking into the Mazda3, the Speed3 would be nice, but my wife also needs to drive it so I need an automatic. From what I have read the Legacy 2.5i wagon can be really slow, which is why I would prefer the GT, but at this rate I am still pretty open to anything. AWD is a huge help for us, we live in the mountains and it usually takes a few days for the roads to be plowed during winter, if they even get plowed at all.

a.k.a. BicycleKicks
    Mazda 5... can fit the bike inside on a fork mount WITH a rear seat raised (both seats raised if you remove a pedal so the seat can fold up), 3rd row seat for kids, very reasonable price for what you get, and fun to drive (maybe not like an Audi, but it's a lot more fun than it looks).

FYI, the newer ones have a 5-speed automatic, the older ones have a 4-speed auto. I drive a 5-speed manual, but am lazy and wish I had an auto. Problem was, when I bought my 2006 they only had 4-speed auto and I didn't like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xsFHs4AGvk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmZIqozp2IU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlIg1kSEtvM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFX3W95cbW8
    I read that on the internet.

Howell, MI

Used GTI

The VW GTI is essentially an A4 anyway.(Same Chassis) You could pick up a used one for that money and it would be very similar to what you've become accustomed the engine is even the same. No 4WD but a hell of a car that will retain value much better than a Taurus, or a Vibe.
    Mark D
    Giant XTC29er 1
    S Works Epic

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    It all depends on what you want to spend, but let's face it, a slightly used Taurus wagon for $6k will be worth $3k in 5 years. A $15k VW will be worth maybe $7k in 5 years if you're lucky. There is no comparison value wise.

For pure value in a family hauler a slightly used Taurus is safe, dependable and one of the best deals out there (I drive the sedan version BTW).

Some people need/want/must drive a fancier car, so that's fine, it's a free country.

Quote Originally Posted by fsr1
    The VW GTI is essentially an A4 anyway.(Same Chassis) You could pick up a used one for that money and it would be very similar to what you've become accustomed the engine is even the same. No 4WD but a hell of a car that will retain value much better than a Taurus, or a Vibe.

AZ
    banned
    This one will be going cheap .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need some ideas on cars to look into-bugatti-veyron-lake.jpg  

mtbr member
    2010 Loaded Honda Fit! fits 2 bikes inside!!!! for $15k

or check out my accord that can easily hold 1 bike inside with the seats folded down, and 2 bikes on the hitch rack:

Last edited by louisssss; 11-17-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Check out used Passat or Jetta wagons. Not much of a departure from your A4 in terms of the European quality you are accustomed to. Newer Jetta wagon has the 2.5l 5-cylinder which is pretty fun around town. '06+ Passat will have the 2.0t or 3.6...2.0t could be some fun with a tune.

My '04 Passat wagon has me absolutely spoiled. It will be six years old in January and still feels brand new. It swallows my XL bike without an issue and gets pretty good gas mileage.
    Signature

XC Ground Pounder
    Look at the Legacy wagon for sure and the Forester as a backup. I LOVE my Forester, but the cargo area is smaller than the Legacy's. I easily carry 3 bikes with the hatchback carrier and kayaks on top. Although you may want to boost the power a little bit. I did a K&N cold air kit, which gives it a little extra juice hauling all that weight to Vermont. You should consider buying the car in the Northeast, and driving it back to wherever you live. Legacy wagons are available all over the place here. And it will definitely come in under $15000.
    Well, since they gave us a KHS forum, I guess I have to come up with something else for a sig.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    2010 Loaded Honda Fit! fits 2 bikes inside!!!! for $15k

[/IMG]
    15K loaded? I only found a base model for 15k plus destination. The sport model was over 16 with no navigation and no stability control. Where'd you go?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckjgc
    Here's a different perspective for you. If you are trying to save money, forego the monthly payment on a depreciating asset and buy a 2000+ Ford Taurus wagon and put snow tires on it. You'll pay $5000-$7000 for what is a pretty reliable vehicle with lots of space and a comfortable ride. Cheap to fix if anything breaks. Insurance is next to nothing. Bank around $10K.

But hey, I'm cheap when it comes to cars
    People don't realize that they can live like kings if they know how to spend their money and live within their means. if you don't have the loot, don't buy it. i guess that's why this country is so screwed up. people are never satisfied and need to have more more more. if you don't have the money for a big downpayment, buying new is a waste of money. it depreciates the minute you drive it out of the lot. i love the beaters but the poster has kids so a beater might not be a good way to go but plenty of good used options out there.

Birdman aka JMJ

The Need for Swede

Quote Originally Posted by SpartaSpartan
    A couple year old SAAB 9-3 or 9-5 wagon would be my first choice. My 9-3 sedan got around 30-31 mpg on average and the turbo 4 cylinder was fun to drive (manual).
    +1

The wagon versions of the 9-3 and 9-5 are spacious. Turbo engine means good mileage and good power. The styling is up to you - I prefer 2005 and older for the 9-5.

I've got Thule/Saab roof racks for both of my Saabs, takes only about 5 minutes to install solo. The hatch will swallow any bike in a pinch, though.

JMJ
    2002 Saab 9-3SE 5-door (hatchback), 5-sp
    2002 9-5 Aero Wagon, 5-sp

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I just went from a 04 Subaru WRX sedan to an 04 Honda Element Ex. I absolutely love the thing! Bikes fit into the back with easy, rubber flooring for easy clean ups, great sound system, awd with decent gas milage. They may look like a brick on wheels but it is by far the most functional/fun car Ive owned.

Oct 2007
    mazdaspeed 6. awd, oodles of power, handles great, looks good, well built.. fairly nice inside. 15k should get you a decent one.

not a wagon, but its got a bigger trunk, and hitch racks are extremely nice!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckjgc
    ...monthly payment on a depreciating asset...
    Few people understand this. The line between 'need' and 'want' has been blurred for years.

mtbr member
    How about an '03 A6 Avant 3.0 Quattro? I just inherited a '98 Dodge Caravan with 46k miles... while it's ugly as sin, it's the perfect vehicle for me since I lost my job and have returned to school... nothing like changing careers mid way through life!

another day at the office

+1 vote for the Passat or Jetta wagons

Quote Originally Posted by A1an
    Check out used Passat or Jetta wagons. Not much of a departure from your A4 in terms of the European quality you are accustomed to. Newer Jetta wagon has the 2.5l 5-cylinder which is pretty fun around town. '06+ Passat will have the 2.0t or 3.6...2.0t could be some fun with a tune.

My '04 Passat wagon has me absolutely spoiled. It will be six years old in January and still feels brand new. It swallows my XL bike without an issue and gets pretty good gas mileage.
    Even better if you can find a slightly used Jetta Sportwagen with the TDI engine. Cost is slightly higher with the TDI engine option, but excellent fuel economy is the selling point.

Francois sold his Odyssey and purchased a used Passat wagon a couple months ago. Car sales are in the tank (used or new) and he took advantage of the weak economy.

CarReview's assessment of the 2009 Jetta Sportwagen with 2.5L 5-cylinder engine HERE
    Some pain is physical and some is mental, but one that's both is dental.

Oct 2007
    the jetta 2.5L has frequently topped the charts for "most problems per vehicle".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsmoto
    the jetta 2.5L has frequently topped the charts for "most problems per vehicle".
    Yea but the 1.8 turbos are better. TDI is best

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Gold:

The least expensive car to buy is the one you already own.
    Last edited by RIS; 11-22-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Single Speed Junkie
    96 Jeep still running strong with about 114k on the clock. Thinking of keeping her a few more years as replacing her with new would cost at least 20K with something similar. Now its is a $400-500 car payment to myself.

\m/ \m/
    I've had mine for 3 years/43,000 miles now, it's been problem free so far (knock on wood)

But I am looking to up-grade, on the top of my list is the WRX STi
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

mtbr member
    How about some actual information to back your comment? Where is this "chart topping" research?

We have put about 40k on my wife's 2007 2.5l Rabbit. Not a single issue with the motor or anything else. It hasn't been in the shop for anything other than regular maintenance.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIS
    Gold:

Proverbs don't always answer life's questions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by A1an
    How about some actual information to back your comment? Where is this "chart topping" research?

We have put about 40k on my wife's 2007 2.5l Rabbit. Not a single issue with the motor or anything else. It hasn't been in the shop for anything other than regular maintenance.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-1810831.html

just because your single instance is fine, doesn't tell ANYTHING about the big picture.
    RH SL Pro

ballbuster

Wha???!??!

Quote Originally Posted by fsr1
    Uh, no.

The GTI and A3 share the same basic chassis. Those are both traverse engine cars. The A4 shares the same chassis as the B5 and B5.5 Passat (98-2005) which has the engine mounted front to back, and has a Torsen based full time AWD, instead of the part time Haldex electronic clutch system of the A3 or Golf R32 or Golf 4Motion.

Since the engine is traverse mounted on the Golf and A3, you get torque steer because of unequal driveshaft length.

A4 is a nice step up, but then again its bigger and heavier.

I might suggest selling the 06 Avant and getting an earlier Passat 4Motion or an earlier Avant.
    Last edited by pimpbot; 11-29-2009 at 10:02 PM.

ballbuster

Problem is....

Gold:

He doesn't own it. The bank does until its paid off. Meanwhile, you're on the hook for a fat payment, not to mention full insurance.

The least expensive car is the one that somebody else took the depreciation hit, and you can pay cash out of pocket for, and not finance it..... at least if you don't already own it. Nice thing is, if you own the car, you don't have to carry collision insurance.

If he's trying to save money, he's not going to do it by buying a new car. Best bet is to pay cash, or use a home equity account to buy an older used car in good shape.

ballbuster

In what world...

Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-1810831.html

just because your single instance is fine, doesn't tell ANYTHING about the big picture.
    .... does Saab rank higher in reliability than Mazda or Nissan? Crazy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    .........or use a home equity account to buy an older used car in good shape.
    who the heck has equity in their houses in California anymore?

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    He doesn't own it. The bank does until its paid off. Meanwhile, you're on the hook for a fat payment, not to mention full insurance.

The least expensive car is the one that somebody else took the depreciation hit, and you can pay cash out of pocket for, and not finance it..... at least if you don't already own it. Nice thing is, if you own the car, you don't have to carry collision insurance.

If he's trying to save money, he's not going to do it by buying a new car. Best bet is to pay cash, or use a home equity account to buy an older used car in good shape.
    He said that his budget was $15,000. He didn't say that he had $15,000 cash in his pocket. So he's probably not in a position to take your advice to pay cash out of pocket for an AWD station wagon that gets 29 mpg and can carry two kids and a bike during long commutes.

Interestingly enough, he happens to currently be driving an AWD station wagon that gets 29 mpg and can carry two kids and a bike during long commutes. Even better, it's worth roughly $15,000, which is what his stated budget is.

Point is, the relative value of an automobile at a particular point in time is not determined by who owned it when it experienced the steepest part of the depreciation curve- it simply matters at what point on that curve the vehicle is currently at. He's already taken the hit- selling it now would be like closing the gate after the cows got out.

And making house payments on a car? That is a sure-fire recipe for financial disaster. I think you owe him an apology for even suggesting that particular type of financial suicide.

mtbr member
    And making house payments on a car? That is a sure-fire recipe for financial disaster. I think you owe him an apology for even suggesting that particular type of financial suicide.

You may be right, but I still don't like your proverb!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Another vote for the mazda3 here. I have a 2009 sedan and love it... and since they changed it a little for 2010... you may be able to find a 04-09 for a bit cheaper... maybe??

ballbuster

Well....

He said that his budget was $15,000. He didn't say that he had $15,000 cash in his pocket. So he's probably not in a position to take your advice to pay cash out of pocket for an AWD station wagon that gets 29 mpg and can carry two kids and a bike during long commutes.

Interestingly enough, he happens to currently be driving an AWD station wagon that gets 29 mpg and can carry two kids and a bike during long commutes. Even better, it's worth roughly $15,000, which is what his stated budget is.

Point is, the relative value of an automobile at a particular point in time is not determined by who owned it when it experienced the steepest part of the depreciation curve- it simply matters at what point on that curve the vehicle is currently at. He's already taken the hit- selling it now would be like closing the gate after the cows got out.

... wha...? ....okay... and why is it sure-fired financial suicide?

I think it's way less risky than being on the hook for a $500 a month payment. Yeah, you don't wanna do it if you're on the edge already, or a $35k car on a $120k house. Duh.

I mean, don't take it out unless you have a good idea you can pay it back. The OP probably has a $500 payment on his car now.

I'm doing this for $10k used car (actually, similar to the one he's selling), and the payment is $180 a month at 5% over 5 years, plus I'm not required to take out full insurance on the car. shaving another $65 a month. It's about the same rate I was being quoted for secured auto loans, or double that for unsecured..... so what's the difference? If I totaled it, I still have to pay for it, but since I have not had so much as a speeding ticket in 20 years, I think I'm relatively safe. If I did, I could buy a craigslist $2k beater out of my bank account if I was in a pinch. Plus, you can write off the interest.

Apologize?!? Puh-leeze... Get over yourself.

Second the Mazda Wagon. I rented a Mazda6 wagon when I was in Denmark. It had a 1.6l engine... and even with that, it wasn't too anemic. It was fairly plastic-y. Again, I would not recommend getting a new one if you're trying to save money.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    This one will be going cheap .
    i'm glad to see that someone decided to park their 1.5 million dollar Bugatti in a lake.
    great place to keep it.
    Ride & Smile

mtbr member
    Ideally I want another wagon, I have 2 small children, bikes, etc, AWD is also a plus (which I know really narrows down the choices). I have a long commute, the A4 gets me on average 29MPG, and I don't want to be getting much worse than that, so no SUV's. I also want something that handles well, 99% of the time its just me in the car, so I like to have some fun on twisty roads.
    I have similar needs - just bought an 06 subaru wrx wagon - I use a hitch rack but can easily fit a bike in the back if needed. it's quick, fairly low key, 4wd and very fun to drive. Not quite as fun as my old miata :-( , but it's more practical. My wife has the "nice" car (infiniti fx35) which is nicer inside, but the scooby is sooo much more fun to drive. Depending what you want to spend you can go back a few years to drop the price as needed. The newer shape post 07 is smaller so that may limit your bike carrying options.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well, thanks for all of the replies. After much thinking about it, looking at what else is around, and what I could possibly get for the Audi, have decided to keep it.

A lower monthly payment would be nice, since I want to be able to save more at the end of each month, but finding something that offers similar needs to the Audi is difficult, the Audi has warranty until 100k and already does everything that I ask of it.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by naiku
    Well, thanks for all of the replies. After much thinking about it, looking at what else is around, and what I could possibly get for the Audi, have decided to keep it.

A lower monthly payment would be nice, since I want to be able to save more at the end of each month, but finding something that offers similar needs to the Audi is difficult, the Audi has warranty until 100k and already does everything that I ask of it.
    Smart move.

I hope that everything works out okay for you. I wish you well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Ever considered Scion? You could cut your payments in half. I found this at the dealer I usually buy my cars from at wholesale. It would meet your needs, and you'd have extra coin for the fun stuff.

Scion Xa

Oh and side note - to the guy who is aiming for an STi - go drive one and then drive an Evo X. I went to buy an 08 STi and just couldn't take the handling and junk interior. I bought an evo X and haven't looked back, albeit the interior isn't much of an upgrade, it's better in every aspect (Including 4th in PAX this year out of 120 drivers with 3 of them placing in the top 8 at the SCCA nationals). Unless you're looking at on 06-07 STi, now those are fantastic cars.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiku
    I currently drive a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant, while I love the car, I need to lower my monthly payment, and so am looking for something else. Problem is, I have no idea what I really want, and since I like the Audi, its harder to find something.

I want to find a 2005 - 2007 Legacy GT Wagon, but they are very difficult to find. One of the reasons I bought the Audi is because I could not find a Legacy GT wagon within several hundred miles.

So, really, I am open to ideas for anything. It does not have to be a wagon, as long as it has a decent amount of space (I have a truck that I can use for hauling bikes around when I need to). Budget is $15,000.

Thanks.
    2004 Volvo V70R AWD
    ti Nuke Proof SS
    ti Moots Mooto X YBB

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by nsomniac

Oh and side note - to the guy who is aiming for an STi - go drive one and then drive an Evo X. I went to buy an 08 STi and just couldn't take the handling and junk interior. I bought an evo X and haven't looked back, albeit the interior isn't much of an upgrade, it's better in every aspect (Including 4th in PAX this year out of 120 drivers with 3 of them placing in the top 8 at the SCCA nationals). Unless you're looking at on 06-07 STi, now those are fantastic cars.
    Really?, the 2008 STI is the first one that actually outdoes the Evo. Before 2008 the Evo has always been a much "harder" car, stiffer, harsher, less ammenties, etc. It's never really been much of a comparission though because the Evo was more of a "no-holds-bared" car, simply better around the track than the STI. The Evo X softened up, gained weight, and so on. On the track, the STI beats it from the reports that I've seen. Sure, the Evo has great heritage and the previous generations did better the STI, but I haven't seen anything that would indicate this is true with the latest generations, in fact everything I've seen says the opposite.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Really?, the 2008 STI is the first one that actually outdoes the Evo. Before 2008 the Evo has always been a much "harder" car, stiffer, harsher, less ammenties, etc. It's never really been much of a comparission though because the Evo was more of a "no-holds-bared" car, simply better around the track than the STI. The Evo X softened up, gained weight, and so on. On the track, the STI beats it from the reports that I've seen. Sure, the Evo has great heritage and the previous generations did better the STI, but I haven't seen anything that would indicate this is true with the latest generations, in fact everything I've seen says the opposite.
    It would be interesting to see where your information is coming from. Car and Driver, Motortrend, and even Top Gear would disagree, and at the hot lap challenge this year, the Evo X actually performed better than the Evo IX despite the "weight disadvantages". The Active Yaw Control in the X more than makes up for it's weight disadvantages on the track. I just said drive them though, you should feel the difference, I know I did. And it has worked out well in autocross and at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah. The new evo is more refined, yet capable of competing with if not besting the previous generations, and I haven't met up with an 08 STi that can keep up in auto-x yet.

Apparently neither has C&D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhLQj...layer_embedded

Harshing my mellow, man..
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yossarian
    15K loaded? I only found a base model for 15k plus destination. The sport model was over 16 with no navigation and no stability control. Where'd you go?
    I bet he meant loaded because it has 2 bikes inside

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by nsomniac
    It would be interesting to see where your information is coming from. Car and Driver, Motortrend, and even Top Gear would disagree, and at the hot lap challenge this year, the Evo X actually performed better than the Evo IX despite the "weight disadvantages". The Active Yaw Control in the X more than makes up for it's weight disadvantages on the track. I just said drive them though, you should feel the difference, I know I did. And it has worked out well in autocross and at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah. The new evo is more refined, yet capable of competing with if not besting the previous generations, and I haven't met up with an 08 STi that can keep up in auto-x yet.

Apparently neither has C&D:
    What? I just watched that episode of Top Gear today. Maybe you got confused because they explained how much better the Evo X was than the previous generations, or maybe you got confused because Jeremy explained how much he liked the handling of the Evo. The Evo that was put up against the Sti was of the proper spec (300hp evo vs. 305hp sti) and the STI was faster. It was faster around the track.

It wasn't much faster, and if you noticed, during the program they were first comparing to the 360hp-spec Evo, but for the race around the track they chose the one that was more equivalent to the STI. The STI was still far cheaper than the 300hp Evo, which means you could put quite a few mods in there for the price diff, but disregarding that, the STI was faster.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Eff U Gee Em
    Jan 2004

I can't speak for Mazda or Nissan,

but I've only had 3 failures on my Saabs, so I'd say they're pretty reliable.

Saab1: exhaust rusted through and started dragging. 1987 900 that I had for 9 years, just sold it a few months ago, 150,000 miles. 26 cents per mile while I owned it, including the purchase price. I fit a clothes dryer in the back once.

Saab2: $30 plastic fuel-pump cover cracked, lost full tank of gas, 1993 9000, 255,000 miles, daily driver. Currently has 266,000+ miles.

Saab3: throttle body failed, 500 miles after I bought it last year, 2000 9-5, 131,000 miles. Unfortunately I didn't buy a wagon, so I can't throw a fully-assembled bike in the back like I could/can with the other 2, but for $109 month on a 110% loan, I can't complain.

Saab4 will be a 2005+ 9-5 Aero wagon.

.... does Saab rank higher in reliability than Mazda or Nissan? Crazy.

Members who have read this thread: 0