need help finding a rack- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

need help finding a rack

I have a 09 Chevy Cobalt coupe with a factory spoiler. I can't seem to find a rack that will fit my car. And i doubt with it being so small i could just take the tire off and fit it inside. Any help is appreciated

It's all about the FSR!
    You would be really surprised how bikes will fit in the trunk of a car. I used to take the front wheel off of my bike and put it in the hatch of my Ford Focus SVT with the seats down. I have had a 29er with the front wheel off in the trunk of my Audi A4 with the seats down.

I would give it a try before you decide that it won't fit. You might be surprised.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i have a car seat in the middle though. Itll be a pain in the ass having to take it out and put it back in every day almost. but ill give it a try

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    maybe look into getting a reciever hitch? then you can get a bike rack for a reciever. going to cost you but its a idea. i did it on my elantra.

It's all about the FSR!
    That is what I ended up doing on my Audi. You might be able to get it done for under $300 depending on the cost of the hitch. If you install it yourself, you will save even more. My 2 bike tray rack was $141 w/ free shipping on Amazon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    YAK RACK! yakima is the only way to go in my opinion. buy used it will save you some cash

code: mtbr2011
    i looked up this vehicle at the shop today, and all of the yakima trunk mount racks seem to show a good fit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thule Raceway platform. That's what I have and I'm stoked about it. It's a tray mounted trunk rack with built in locks (that lock the bikes and the rack to the car) and 4 cables instead of usual 6 straps.

I have an early 90's Civic. I couldn't find a receiver hitch for it, and I didn't want a roof rack due to my carport roof height, so I was stuck with a bolt on tongue for a ball mount (there are very few ball mount racks available in the US) or a trunk mount rack. I wanted a platform rack as I have several styles of bikes and didn't want to fiddle with an adapter (which I have, by the way, for another rack). This rack will hold virtually any kind of bike short of a tandem or LWB recumbent, though possibly some of those as well. Up to 70 lbs total.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    i have an 06 impreza and thule will not fit on it. ive contacted them and got no help. my car seats dont fold so getting it inside is a no go. im gonna try a yakima or saris racks to see if they differ. ive seen subarus with spoilers with a rack so something must fit for you too

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Does your impreza have the hard point rack mounts for the roof? There's a plastic strip that runs down the roof on both sides with a little flap that opens up. We have an '08 Impreza sport so maybe that's different.

j.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    No It doesnt. Thats probably a feature to the newer body style. I might just open my wallet for a roof system so i can get a kayak on it next summer. Thanks for the reply though