need help- car has spoiler- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

need help- car has spoiler

Hello everyone!
    i just got into mountain biking this past summer and I've been putting my bike in the trunk with one wheel off when i travel to the different parks in the area. But now, my father is getting into it and we are going to need a bike rack to fit the two bikes. The only problem is, i drive a 2008 Corolla S with the spoiler. are there any trunk mounts out there that can fit over the spoiler? or any other suggestions? Thanks!

code: mtbr2011
    i just spoke to Yakima about your vehicle.
    we both concur that the yakima king joe racks are going to fit your spoiler the best. the king joe racks have the best clearance for spoilers.

yakima did not have any special fit notes based on the spoiler, which led the yakima csr and myself to believe that it wasn't that big of a deal with the spoiler. she mentioned that if there was a dealbreaker associated with the spoiler on your corolla, it would have been noted in her tech notes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Saris Bones. Worked fine on my Alero with a spoiler. When installed I put the bottom feet on the vertical part of the trunk, not on the top of the bumper like the directions called for. Avoided the spoiler and was as solid as a rock.

mtbr member
    Get a receiver hitch and a Thule T2.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    thanks everyone for your help, ill do more research on these products

Members who have read this thread: 0