My Review on the Inno 305 Platform Bike Rack- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

My Review on the Inno 305 Platform Bike Rack

My Review on the Inno 305 Platform Bike Rack-gas_1.jpg

After owning my Inno 305 rack for 2 years, I thought to give it an honest review. Before switching to a platform rack, Iíve been using other hitch racks from Yakima and Thule. My quest for a new rack started with those two brands. The Yakima Holdup 2 was my first choice with the Thule T2 as my second choice, but both only came in 2 bikes with a 2 bike add on which I didnít need. I needed one that carried 3 max. I checked out the Kuat NV but ran into the same issue as the Yakima and Thule. All are really nice racks.

By chance, I stopped by a local rack shop near my office that actually use to be one of our office locations before we closed it down. They had all the goodies. Yakima, Thule, Kuat and a few 1Up Usa racks. Then they had this Inno. Two of the guys in shop endorsed them. It seemed relatively easy to use and sturdy to boot. The bonus was that you could buy a one bike add on for $149.99 which was perfect for me and the most appealing aspect of this system.

So after putting it to some heavy use over the last 2 years, I have to say that this is one awesome rack. Its sturdy and has very little swaying. Iím 195lbs and stand on it all the time to access whatever is on my roof rack. It doesnít bounce like the Thule or the Yakima. When I first got the rack, I did drop it trying to install it. Its not the lightest system around, but its easily installed by one person. When I dropped it, I did mess up one of the carriers and Inno sent a new one to the shop I purchased it at for free. After getting the 3rd bike add on, my problem was that they used all different keys. I called Inno up and they sent me 2 cores to swap out for free which was easy to install. Customer service is top notch.

Inno isnít a giant (yet) in the bike rack world. Its easily overlooked by the bigger named brands, but if youíre looking for a new rack, Inno is definitely worth a look. All my friends use Yakimas, Thules, Kuats and 1ups so it was nice to be different. Iíve had about 20 people come up to me and ask me about the rack since theyíve seen it before. The price is similar to the main brands as well. I paid $349.99 for the initial 2 bike set up, which comes with the locking cable, and an additional $149.99 for the 1 bike add on.

My Review on the Inno 305 Platform Bike Rack-inno_2.jpgMy Review on the Inno 305 Platform Bike Rack-inno_3.jpg

mtbr member
    Inno makes a great rack! I have one of those roof mounted. I've been using it for two years and it's been great! Super easy to use, and it holds the bike very securely. I paid $135 shipped, which I thought was a great deal. I really liked that it came with keys and the locking cable, I didn't have to spend even more money on that stuff like the big guys make you do.

I notice in your pics that I mount the bike backwards from you...I always put the front wheel on the ramped end, it looks like you put the rear wheel there. Prob makes no difference when hitch mounted like that. One the roof it just allows the bike to face forward.
    '15 Charge Cooker Maxi 2
    '13 Salsa Horsethief 2
    '12 Trek 6000
    '11 Ridley X-Ride
    '11 Santa Cruz Driver 8

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Inno makes a great rack! I have one of those roof mounted. I've been using it for two years and it's been great! Super easy to use, and it holds the bike very securely. I paid $135 shipped, which I thought was a great deal. I really liked that it came with keys and the locking cable, I didn't have to spend even more money on that stuff like the big guys make you do.

I notice in your pics that I mount the bike backwards from you...I always put the front wheel on the ramped end, it looks like you put the rear wheel there. Prob makes no difference when hitch mounted like that. One the roof it just allows the bike to face forward.
    I asked the guy at the shop about that and he said he mounts them both ways on the hitch. However he happens to grab the bike so I really don't pay attention. I've put them on both ways.

mtbr member
    This is prob late, but where did you get it for $135 shipped?

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post

"Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I also have two of these on my roof and am extremely happy with them. A riding buddy was so impressed that he went out and bought the hitch mount version and is also happy with it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Thans for posting, this one is at the top of my list to replace my Thule T2/

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Bumping an older thread, how are these with road bikes? I do both, so just curious on the wheel wells for a skinny tire.