My e-trailer Experience... So Far- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

My e-trailer Experience... So Far

I was in the market for a new rack and found the e-trailer website very helpful and informative. I called to place an order on Sunday and was told I couldn't use paypal. I have a paypal account and enjoy the flexibility of 6 months no interest so was a bit bummed. I then found out, on my own, that I could use paypal if I placed the order online, so I did late Sunday afternoon. I tried to see where the process was on Monday night and saw the order was "pending." I checked again Tuesday evening and saw the same thing. Keep in mind my paypal account already showed the purchase. I decided to call and speak to customer service.

After being put on hold for 34 freaking minutes, I finally got a human. I was told what I had already known that the items were in stock but "pending", and that it would most likely ship out the next day (Wednesday). When I complained about the hold time, all I was told is that this is their busy season in a fairly robotic type of tone. While on hold I emailed them about my situation/experience. 24 hours later, no response to the email.

So, this evening I went to track my order expecting to see some different information. Guess what, still "pending". I called them again and got a very nice woman who told me that online orders were unfortunately backed up 4 days before shipping out. WTF??? Why wasn't I told this at any other point? Maybe this would have made me think twice about ordering from them. She said she would do what she could to "rush" the order out within the next 12-24 hours.

This whole experience has soured me from ever using or recommending e-trailer again. I run my own business and would probably not be in business too long if I provided my customers this type of experience. I don't care how busy things are. I would expect a company to hire additional people and figure things out by now after being in business for a period of time. I'm glad they are busy but as a customer, this type of treatment is not acceptable. Not the worst problem in the world but not the way to do business IMHO.

Now, I play the waiting game . Online ordering shouldn't be this complicated in this day and age. Whenever I have ordered in stock items in the past from anyone else, things always shipped out that day or the next day at the latest. I will update my experience as it plays out for those interested.
    Last edited by Dr Evil; 05-18-2016 at 08:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Just received this email from customer service.

Your order has shipped!

You can track shipments online at xxxxxxxxx Your order number is xxxxxxxxx. Tracking information may not be available for up to 12 hours after your package has shipped.

If you have any questions you can reach me at (800) 298-8924 or by email at [email protected]

Thanks,

George J
    [email protected]

Wow. The squeaky wheel does get the grease. I'm pleased at their latest response yet can't help but wonder how things would have played out if I hadn't been persistent.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Evil View Post
    Whenever I have ordered in stock items in the past from anyone else, things always shipped out that day or the next day at the latest.
    This was my experience with the two orders i've place with e-trailer. I've never contacted them via phone those so I can't comment on that, but the online ordering process for me was smooth and timely.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Bought hitches from them twice, both were shipped and delivered within a week. Also bought some trailer lights and shipped in a timely manner too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    "George" is automated. And I've had nothing but repeat stellar experience from them.

In my experience, the order, if for large items, usually shows "pending" until the order ships. So, a few days.

mtbr member
    Glad others have had good experiences. Mine could have been better.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I ordered a Hollywood Racks platform rack from e-trailer using Paypal and had it within a week...with 6 months, no interest. One of the best bike-related investments I've made.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    It is funny I had a very similar experience. Ordered a hitch on Saturday. It was in stock and sat until Wednesday until shipping. It may have been coincidence, but I sent them an email on Wed morning asking the status since it was in stock and an hour later I got "George's" message that you posted.
    But it is all fine as I am not in a rush since the rack I ordered (from another place) was on back order and won't et here for a few weeks.

mtbr member
    Arrived today.

mtbr member
    I have used them several times with good success through the years. The thing I have noticed lately at least with ebay stuff is the postal trackers have been quite behind the times on reporting. Sometimes a thing from china could be reported as "pending" and arrive on my door the next day.
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I used them to order my hitch and I didnt have a problem. Maybe there was something on paypals end holding it up?

I should be out riding
    I have purchased two receiver hitches from etrailers and both arrived very quickly. Never had reason to contact customer service and would definitely shop there again.
    If it's not powered solely by you, it's motorized.

Worshiping at the Church of Singletrack since 1993.

SS Pusher Man
    Going to add one more to the satisfied customer list.

Have purchased 4 receivers from them.

Actually on the last order, I purchased one for my Titan and one for my wife's Jetta. 3 receivers showed up. They double shipped the ones for the Jetta.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.:nono:

Ebikes are not bicycles :nono: