My crappy Honda died on me, need recommendations- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

My crappy Honda died on me, need recommendations

You could read the whole thread here but here's what basically happened.

Quote Originally Posted by NYPD
    3, 4 miles out and I feel something wobbling under my feet, I look down and the pedal says "peace out nigga!" and the ***** falls off! :banghead:

But of course, because of my handicapped condition of being very good physically with my body, after a few hundred hours, I owned that ***** back in it's place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazman
    that same **** happened to me ages ago, your problem is....

your bikes a piece of ****, and the threads on the bolt are after grinding the **** out of the threads in the hole.

So when you try and screw the crank back onto the bike, your just mashin it up worse and that ****er is goin to keep fallin off.
    :bow:

I just got back and my worst nightmares came back again, it started wobbling... I was already like 5 miles out, but this time I knew what the problem was, all I could do was stop whenever it started wobbling real bad, and tighten the nut with my keys :shuffle: It was torture trying to get back, I was heading to the bike shop to see if they can do anything about it, and when I finally reached there it was closed :thud: and now I'm finally home, glad that nightmare is over. I'm going to get the torch and melt the ****er until it's a puddle of molten steel. :shout:
    I didn't know what threads were until my father told me the threads were wearing out and I asked "the spiraly thing?"
    I got that bike because it was cheap, and looked cool, I was a newbie, I still am and I'm lost as to what to get. I want a Full Suspension MTB that will last me a pretty long time. One that isn't too heavy, because this Honda weighed a ton, and it was horrifying riding against the wind, I have had joggers infront of me while I'm peddaling my ass off.

I'm 5'6 160-170lbs, had to cut my old seat down shorter because I'm kinda short lol.

My price range is 200-300$ any help would be nice, thanks in advance.

I forgot to add, I ride in the city and along shores, I jump up and down curbs alot, these curbs can be up to 7 inches? Don't know if this matters
    Last edited by NYPD; 07-29-2005 at 06:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    it'll be hard to get a good FS bike for $200, im not really sure what u can get

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goalaso08
    it'll be hard to get a good FS bike for $200, im not really sure what u can get
    Well, I guess I could raise 100$... so 200-400$... I have no other bike to ride Want a new one asap, this bike was a horrible purchase, but what can you expect for 79.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuane
    all these jobs are racist against people who don't got skills

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    do you have to have a FS bike b/c you can get a much better quality bike that has a hardtail

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goalaso08
    do you have to have a FS bike b/c you can get a much better quality bike that has a hardtail
    I've kinda grown onto FS, I like how it feels, how it takes bumps, and it looks wicked lol.

Edit: Would any of these work?
    http://www.thesportsauthority.com/fa...riceDescending
    The Mongoose Exile Full Suspension Mens Mountain Bike 2005 really caught my eyes. From what I hear, Mongoose seems reliable, and it's alloy unlike my ex.

Edit: I just ordered it from fogdog...
    Last edited by NYPD; 07-29-2005 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuane
    all these jobs are racist against people who don't got skills