Mounting on Saris Bones- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Mounting on Saris Bones

Hi all I have a Saris Bones 2 mounted on a 2008 Nissan Altima. I use it to transport my Trek 4300 and my fiancee's Giant Boulder. I have no problem tying the straps to my Trek since it has a top bar so the top and seat stem both strap to the proper straps.

My problem is the woman's bike due to the top bar being sloped. I bought a Hollywood Top Bar Adapter to help mount it properly. One side of the top strap on straps in the middle properly while the other side has to be strapped to where the "Top Bar Adapter" locks so that the bottom "Anti-Sway" Strap can reach the seat post. Is there anyway I can mount this so that one of the top straps won't be on the lock? Do they sell longer straps? Thanks...

I attached I picture of the bar to give you all an idea.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by coykiam; 03-23-2012 at 09:36 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I had the same problem mounting my old GT XCR (full suspension) to my Saris Bones 3. I had to strap the anti-sway strap through an opening on the frame by the shock, as this frame does not have a full seat tube. Not optimal, but it worked. I could not find any extenders to make it work like it was designed to work. For peace of mind, I bought one of those flexible straps as added security to ensure the bike did not move during transit.

Members who have read this thread: 0