Mount for Reba 29er SL- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Mount for Reba 29er SL

I have Yakima bars already, but found out that my fork-mount Yakima mount will not hold my new ride. The bike is a GT Marathon 9'r, so it is 29" wheels and disc brakes with a Reba SL fork. Surprisingly, the issue with the current rack seems to be the dropout design on the Reba more than anything. So, I want a new mount that will work with my bike. Does anyone have experience using a Rocky Mounts Pitchfork with a 2009 Reba fork? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kevin

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    I had a Rocky Mounts for years before going to a Thule but Reba fit then. A suggestion might be to get a ForkUp from Hurricane? Or, give Rocky Mounts a call. I've called them with questions before and they've been responsive.
    Don't harsh my mello

code: mtbr2011
    i just took a look at this fork on google images, and don't see why it wouldn't work with a standard 9mm bike rack.
    it does look like the rebound adjustment knob (if that's what it is down there) is awfully close to the dropouts.

we have pitchforks in the shop and they are great racks, and bobby and his crew at rocky mounts are top shelf...

i'm curious how this turns out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for all of the replies. I think the issue with the Reba is the drop-out and rebound coupled to the shape of the skewer mechanism on the Yakima. I need to look at it again, but I can't get my bike on the rack in my garage and have monsterous snow drifts to battle before getting the car out. I may take pictures just to show the issue, but it does seem the Pitchfork should be a good solution, and a ForkUp would likely solve any problem that may arise. Both seem like good products are great prices.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Look at the Inno Universal Fork Mount.
    They pop on Chainlove.com/Bonktown.com and hold a 29r with a Tora318 wonderfully.
    $70 every few days.

mtbr member
    My 29er with Reba SL & discs fits perfectly on a Yakima Boa fork mount.

mtbr member
    2008 Reba SL 29er w/ Rocky Mounts Pitchfork.....no problems whatsoever
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mount for Reba 29er SL-picture-364.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0