Miata- Mtbr.com

Thread: Miata

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Miata

I've got a 91 miata. I was wondering what would be a good rack for it.
    By the way miatas are not gay. I am going to put a turbo on it so it will be crancking out 270 hp in a car that originaly has 93 hp at the rear wheel. My friend has one and its got 210hp and his does a quater mile in the 11's

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hillking
    By the way miatas are not gay.

i'll be honest, i thought they were pretty gay...then i drove one. little car + rear drive throttle oversteer = fun, awesome time.

also, i have no idea what rack would be best for you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Is a hitch rack an option? (T2 etc) I don't know if rear clearance would be a problem though, since the car is fairly low.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I have a 94 with a hitch on it.

Mines the crappy tow/drag bar, whatever the hell you call it, style instead of the normal receiver style which they do make for miatas and look a hell of a lot better. I do drag it every now and again on the part that runs under the bumper but its not a big deal. I doubt it would happen with a hidden receiver hitch but you would still need to be care full with a rack mounted on it. No problems with the bikes on the back other then my weight distribution being thrown off a good bit.

btw mine is turbocharged and has a roll bar so way not gay

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I use a Thule hitch rack. It drags on driveways a lot. I need to find somebody with a chop-saw and drill-press to shorten the rack a few inches (it extends out from the car more than it needs to for my application).

Members who have read this thread: 0