• 12-11-2009
    Moo Shoo Pork
    Mazda CX-7, will Bike fit inside?
    I might be getting a Mazda CX-7soon. Before I haul my Blur LT to the dealership to see if it fits, does anyone have use it to haul their bike inside? Thank in advance.
  • 12-15-2009
    TR
    Will fit with the back seats down and maybe without if you take both wheels off.
    Would not be what I would do though.
  • 12-18-2009
    weeler
    it will fit but...
    i have a cx - 7 you will need to fold down the rear seats and take the front wheel off for it to fit.

i am also not impressed with the veicle. have owned it for 5-6 months now. interior is really nice fit and finish however i find the engine sucks fuel like crazy. the thing is ok around town but on the highway the engine spins around 2500rpm and burns fuel quicky.

i find the transmission is also very notchy feeling and often lurches and does other funny things when changing from park, reverse, drive etc. the car has about 25000km on it so it might still wear in and smooth out.
  • 12-18-2009
    BradT
    You running premium fuel? Mine seems to like it better than regular, though it is supposed to run fine on regular. It really hates cold weather though. Highway mileage is quite good as far as I am concerned. The turbo spools up at about 2,700 rpm so if you keep below that, it isn't too bad considering it is a CUV.

Anyway, I was able to get a pair of Cannondale Rush bikes in without taking the tires off. The seat did have to be folded down but it got old rather quickly trying to get the bikes inside and there was not a lot of clearance between the bars and the roof liner. I added a hitch and got at Thule T2 and it works just fine. If you want the T2 to fold up, you'll need to modify the plastic tire holder on the one closest to the bumper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by weeler
    i have a cx - 7 you will need to fold down the rear seats and take the front wheel off for it to fit.

i am also not impressed with the veicle. have owned it for 5-6 months now. interior is really nice fit and finish however i find the engine sucks fuel like crazy. the thing is ok around town but on the highway the engine spins around 2500rpm and burns fuel quicky.

i find the transmission is also very notchy feeling and often lurches and does other funny things when changing from park, reverse, drive etc. the car has about 25000km on it so it might still wear in and smooth out.

• 12-21-2009
    gtluke
    That's embarrassing if you can't fit your bike inside a CX-7
    I can fit my epic inside my 3 door hyundai accent. One of the smallest cars sold right now.
    That's with both wheels on too.
  • 12-23-2009
    weeler
    cx
    true...i find the fuel didnt make a difference.....im up in canada and the trans jerkyness is a lot worse when the weather gets colder....i also have a nissan rouge....a little smaller size overall.. way better on gas and no jerkyness in the transmission
  • 12-23-2009
    IRONMAN1518
    I drive a Toyota Matrix, fold down both back seats and even my Maverick Durance fits inside with both wheels on ( I do lower the fork and use the Speedball seatpost and lower the saddle). I can put my Orbea Oiz in with both wheels on and don't need to lower anything.
  • 12-29-2009
    BradT
    I'm in Canada also. The transmission is a little jerky when it is colder, but seems to be fine once it warms up. Did you get the notice that Nissan has extended the transmission warranty for their CVTs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by weeler
    true...i find the fuel didnt make a difference.....im up in canada and the trans jerkyness is a lot worse when the weather gets colder....i also have a nissan rouge....a little smaller size overall.. way better on gas and no jerkyness in the transmission