Looking for the best roof rack for the Jetta- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Looking for the best roof rack for the Jetta

Picking up a new Jetta this evening and already own a yakima roof rack and wondering if I should just buy new q clips or should I sell the yakima and get the thule ?

PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    If you already have the Yakima rack currently then just get the Q-clips to make it fit. I'm only using Thule because that's what I got a long time ago for my '98 Jetta and I've stuck with them ever since but there's no reason I could not have gone with Yakima back in the day and stuck with them, too.

Captain Underpants
    Use the Yakima. If you are going to by new get the VW Factory rack and adapt your Thule bike carriers. I have done so, and the fit is light years better than the Thule or Yakima. I'll post pix up if you like.

Better yet--install a hidden hitch and carry the bikes on the back.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Drivel
    Use the Yakima. If you are going to by new get the VW Factory rack and adapt your Thule bike carriers. I have done so, and the fit is light years better than the Thule or Yakima. I'll post pix up if you like.

Better yet--install a hidden hitch and carry the bikes on the back.
    Thanks RD, I picked up the q5 clips lastnight to fit my existing yakima towers my only concern is my bars are 48" and yakima said to install 58 on my 08 jetta I do like the factory rack as well, pics would be cool if you have them

Members who have read this thread: 0