Locking fork mount for 15QR??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Locking fork mount for 15QR??

Hello all,

I'm currently using a Rocky Mount Flytrap for a 20QR but now require some thing similar for a Fox fork with 15QR, preferably with a lock feature. 'I've searched the web and MTBR.com for one but have no luck. Has anyone found a similar product besides the Forkup.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by guerrero101
    Hello all,

I'm currently using a Rocky Mount Flytrap for a 20QR but now require some thing similar for a Fox fork with 15QR, preferably with a lock feature. 'I've searched the web and MTBR.com for one but have no luck. Has anyone found a similar product besides the Forkup.

Thanks.

I know you will not find any mount for the QR15 that locks directly onto the fork. You can use a QR15 Fork Up with a cable with a loop at each end, make a noose around the downtube of the frame and the other end through the leg of the Fork Up which is locked into the locked fork mount of your rack. I custom made a few 2' long cables as described above and it works great.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks for the idea. Might not have any other choice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    any new products allowing 15qr locking mount? 15qr is getting popular...
    The mountains are calling and I must go

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Its not that its not a good idea, its just that the axles are dedicated by manufacturer, so a locking option is not going to be availible. See my post above, thats about your only option.

Members who have read this thread: 0